The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Diamine Aurora Borealis

diamine ink review blue green teal

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 rdugar

rdugar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 17:02

Nice, well behaved, ink from Diamine. Well lubricating, vivid blue-green closer to the green end of the spectrum. The significantly compressed scan is showing a greener and lighter tinge than it is. E.g. the Ku-Jaku comparison I have shows up bluer than on the scan.

Attached Images

• Diamine Aurora Borealis-Review.jpg

Edited by rdugar, 25 July 2019 - 17:05.

Sponsored Content

#2 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 25 July 2019 - 19:14

Nice review of a nice ink. I'd say more a greeny turquoise than a teally one. A shot of yellow wouldn't have hurt. Fits well to the Northern Lights I've seen myself up north in Canada.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#3 Patrick L

Patrick L

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 735 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:56

Thanks for the review rdugar !

Hi Lapis, you say that this ink is more greeny turquoise than teally. Did you actually see this ink in real life or just on your monitor ? I never saw this ink until today.

#4 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 14:58

I may have to give this one a spin.  I'm finding that I like greens for letter writing.

#5 lapis

lapis

medium rare

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,320 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:32

Thanks for the review rdugar !

Hi Lapis, you say that this ink is more greeny turquoise than teally. Did you actually see this ink in real life or just on your monitor ? I never saw this ink until today.

On the screen.

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

#6 PAKMAN

PAKMAN

Say that again, I have a pen here somewhere...

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,203 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 16:35

Thanks for the review. I have too many teals that I don't use already or I might give this one a try! lol

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif             fpn_1321906507__vanness_sign.jpg 

My Favorite Pen Restorer                            My favorite Brick and Mortar              

now selling online!

#7 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 17:40

Thank you for showing us that Aurora Borealis by Diamine is a teal/green ink, so I know I should avoid it.

Some of these teal blue/green inks have nice shading, but for some unknown reasons I just can't make myself like this shade of colour.

I use blue inks mostly, and I like most shades of blue (I'm just talking about the colour here, not the other characteristics of the inks), blue-blacks, purple leaning inks, red leaning inks, but not green leaning inks... I also do not love too much turquoise leaning inks (again because they often look greenish).

So thanks for showing us. Diamine has so many other blue inks I still have not tried, I'll probably opt for Imperial next... :)

#8 rdugar

rdugar

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 26 July 2019 - 23:08

Thanks everyone. I myself started out with a preference for dark, bright blues, but moved to darker blue greens.

Can anyone give me tips on getting an accurate scan uploaded here? My hp scanner scans a jpeg to about 6 mb. I have to edit and crop to a smaller size, but then fpn reduces the resolution further. The image above is quite different from the original scanned image i see on my laptop.

#9 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2019 - 17:22

Have been wondering whether to get this or not, jury's still out, but I appreciate your review and very beautiful handwriting! 

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#10 Bhavna

Bhavna

Inkredibles!

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,402 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 August 2019 - 17:23

Thanks everyone. I myself started out with a preference for dark, bright blues, but moved to darker blue greens.

Can anyone give me tips on getting an accurate scan uploaded here? My hp scanner scans a jpeg to about 6 mb. I have to edit and crop to a smaller size, but then fpn reduces the resolution further. The image above is quite different from the original scanned image i see on my laptop.

Have you tried taking pictures of your reviews? This might help and then you can crop and adjust as necessary. Good luck!

If there is righteousness in the heart, There will be beauty in character. If there is beauty in character, There will be harmony in the home. When there is harmony in the home, There will be order in the nation. When there is order in the nation, There will be peace in the world. Bhagawan Shri Satya Sai Baba

#11 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 20:47

Nice review!  I like this ink a lot.  The color is great, and the shading is even better :)

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, ink, review, blue, green, teal

Sponsored Content

|