The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Opening A Vac Filler During Writing

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 05:59

How wuch do you open your WingSung 3013 during writing?

Saw a picture on Ebay where a gap of around 1cm between barrel and opened knob is visible. With my Pilot Custom 823, 1 mm is largely enough.

Thank you.

Sponsored Content

#2 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,889 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 06:13

with any of these, so long its enough to get the shut off valve open up then its enough, I've try the 3013, I've found that it require only minute amount of taking up the valve off the seating position ; definitely not needed that whole cm of draw ; am still debating inside if I should get one ... ah decision, decision, decision 

#3 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• 2,115 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 08:38

It writes OK, just tried it, but nothing special. I am not so fond of the design. So I am not buying a second one. I might reconsider if I can fit a #6 nib in it. Haven't checked yet.

I want a pen with a flex nib.

#4 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 July 2019 - 13:45

I did not open the knob even one bit, seems to work without any issues though.

#5 jekostas

jekostas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 22 July 2019 - 19:58

The design of the 3013 is somewhat different than other vac-fillers I've used. Notably, the "mouth" of the secondary ink chamber in the section is much broader than that of the likes of a TWSBI or PenBBS vac, and the stopper is correspondingly large. I think that may account for the reason why you only need to unscrew the piston a very small amount.

Sponsored Content

|