FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Hello From England!
Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:38
Here's my attempt at an introduction:
- I'm from Portsmouth, hometown of Dickens. We are an island city on the south coast offering hundreds of French restaurants just a few hours' sailing away. Fun fact: the city's 18th century ramparts and guns actually point north towards England, to protect us just in case the French ever tried to invade Portsmouth from the mainland.
- I'm a maths and physics student at Warwick.
- I'm trying to learn repair work and obtain what tools as and when I can. It's rewarding, massively enjoyable, and I'm humbled by the experts here who share their time and experience.
- I started using Parker Vectors at school, but they were nasty things. I really caught the fountain pen bug with my first Frontier, which I still use. I think my first "proper" fountain pen was a Sailor 1911, which I use every day. Or it may have been a car boot find Parker 45 around the same time. What wonderful pens those 45s are, they just always work!
- I play a few instruments, guitar mostly. I think I noticed a few other guitarists here, so I'm glad to be in good company.
I think that's it. I hope my rambling there isn't too boring and doesn't come across as self-absorbed - rather, I hope this way I might find some shared interests with people here.
Glad to be aboard!
Posted 21 July 2019 - 02:50
Hello and welcome to FPN.
<p style="text-align:center;">《Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous ⊙ Who taught by the pen ⊙</p><p style="text-align:center;">Taught man that which he knew not》 (96/3-5)<div style="text-align: center"><img src="https://i.postimg.cc.../Snailmail3.png" alt="Snail Mail" class="center"></div>
Posted 22 July 2019 - 09:28
Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.
To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!
- Winston Churchill
Posted 22 July 2019 - 21:27
There are pen club meetings monthly in London and around Frimley if you are in the area. Also, WES run distance pen repair classes. Worth finding out about.
Posted 24 July 2019 - 06:04
Hello and welcome to you from 'ooop Narth' in Manchester !! Tad warm up here at the moment....
Money may not make you happy but I would rather cry in a Rolls-Royce
The true definition of madness - Doing the same thing everyday and expecting different results......
Posted 24 July 2019 - 19:52
Hello and welcome to this friendly corner of the universe from a fountain pen user in San Diego. There is such a wealth of information waiting for you to discover on this site. Write On!