The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Ancora Will Be Restarting The Omas Brand, Including Production Of The Paragon And 360.

omas ancora

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 chaunceutoben

chaunceutoben

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 22:40

I just purchased a modern Ancora pen and was doing a bit of research on the brand.  I had known for a while that Ancora had purchased the OMAS brand (with the rodstock going to ASC and the equipment to SCRIBO) but this is the first I heard of actual plans to restart the OMAS name and models.  To see the Paragon and 360 again would be incredible.  They obviously don't have the OMAS celluloid to work with but Ancora has some incredible materials of their own so I am excited to see what they come up with.  Plus all Ancora materials, including nibs, are machined in-house which brings that special OMAS flair in my opinion.  Cool stuff. 

Link: http://ancora1919.co...and-production/.  The OMAS info is at the end.  

Sponsored Content

#2 dapprman

dapprman

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 823 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 23:01

As far as I know they've bought the name.  The article sounds like they've bought the rights to a number of the old models, however, OMAS celluloid and cotton resins aside (and BTW ASC only acquired some of the rod stock and not even all the ARCO) they will not have the nibs, which arguably were the heart of the brand, unless they do a deal with ScriBo to manufacture and supply them.

#3 Freddy

Freddy

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,856 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 23:02

I just purchased a modern Ancora pen and was doing a bit of research on the brand.  I had known for a while that Ancora had purchased the OMAS brand (with the rodstock going to ASC and the equipment to SCRIBO) but this is the first I heard of actual plans to restart the OMAS name and models.  To see the Paragon and 360 again would be incredible.  They obviously don't have the OMAS celluloid to work with but Ancora has some incredible materials of their own so I am excited to see what they come up with.  Plus all Ancora materials, including nibs, are machined in-house which brings that special OMAS flair in my opinion.  Cool stuff. 

Link: http://ancora1919.co...and-production/.  The OMAS info is at the end.  

So what's new......http://www.omas.com/

What exactly are they producing..now......In July 2019....Any photographs.... perhaps a catalog...Anything?

chauncetoben....nonetheless..Welcome Aboard..Enjoy your time here..............................

Fred..

Redacting: Ancora....Is now Santini Italia.....check 'em out....Same address and production facility as before.....

https://www.santini-italia.com/en/

What is Ancora Now { 2019 } producing?..............

Edited by Freddy, 19 July 2019 - 23:09.

#4 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 23:02

I am happy about the spare parts bit right at the end.  That is one thing i have been a bit skittish about when it comes to using my Omas pens.

#5 mauckcg

mauckcg

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 405 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 23:03

As far as I know they've bought the name.  The article sounds like they've bought the rights to a number of the old models, however, OMAS celluloid and cotton resins aside (and BTW ASC only acquired some of the rod stock and not even all the ARCO) they will not have the nibs, which arguably were the heart of the brand, unless they do a deal with ScriBo to manufacture and supply them.

I think towards the end Bock was supplying the nibs.

#6 praxim

praxim

On twig

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 23:54

If you like Giovanni Santini's nibs (I do) then you may be able to get them on pens marked Omas as well as Ancora and Santini Italia. Better than some revivals, if it happens.

Anyone owning three or more working pens is in no position to disparage choices by others.

#7 astor268

astor268

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 July 2019 - 00:49

I am happy about the spare parts bit right at the end.  That is one thing i have been a bit skittish about when it comes to using my Omas pens.

Yes, this caught my eye too! 

#8 Seney724

Seney724

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2019 - 01:14

It would be a great and much appreciated service to the Community. And, if it can provide them with an added revenue stream, it's good for everyone.

#9 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 19:38

Thanks for the link to the Santini web site. I am impressed with their sense of mission and heritage. The pens look well-designed, and I appreciate that they make their nibs in-house. I don't especially like their less traditional materials, but I decided there was enough promise to warrant a buy. I ordered a Brown Libra with a stub nib. Very reasonable price for a piston filler with a 18Kt gold stub nib, IMO.

I am hoping one or more of the vendors at the San Francisco Pen Show will have some of their other pen models.

David

#10 sansenri

sansenri

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,693 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 21:35

Let us know what you think of the Santini when you receive it, David.

I was looking at one of the Libra too, before this thread started.

#11 Portia of Belmont

Portia of Belmont

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 July 2019 - 13:00

I have several Santinis and Ancoras.  I LOVE these nibs.  There's nothing like them with the extra long tines. 

Last I heard Ancora was purchased by a Russian company and no longer producing pens, or the ones they were producing were impossible to obtain in the west.  I'm very curious to follow this new Ancora/OMAS  arrangement.

#12 dms525

dms525

Antique

• FPN Supporter - Platinum

• 2,288 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 August 2019 - 19:27

Let us know what you think of the Santini when you receive it, David.

I was looking at one of the Libra too, before this thread started.

I have posted a "first look" review of my Santini Italia Libra here: http://www.fountainp...a/#entry4234393

David

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: omas, ancora

Sponsored Content

|