The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

New Waterman Quill Pen For Desk, Now What Is It?

quill waterman deskset black marble

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Addertooth

Addertooth

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 01:06

Ignore the pen at the top of the picture, it was an easy one to figure out.

The quill at the bottom has a number 2 nib, double bands top and bottom, and the extension at the opposite end as the nib screws in and out.   

For a basic test, I dipped it, but did not flex too hard because the nib is untuned and is a bit toothy yet.

Unsurprisingly, the sac is toast, it is very hard.  The body (the length between the section and the screw in extension) is 3 and 5/16th long.  The length 

from nib tip to tapered end is 8 inches long.  The base is gold veined black marble with green felt underneath with the Waterman label.

Sponsored Content

#2 Addertooth

Addertooth

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 04:34

It is apart.  It had a nice, but uninformative barrel print.  The Sac that came out looks original, and had the Waterman name on it.  

The feed is interesting, as it is a two part feed, with a machined and slotted outer sleeve, and an inner part which had the ink channels in it.

I am very used to one piece feeds with all the number 2 nib pens I have refurbished.  

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: quill, waterman, deskset, black marble

Sponsored Content

|