The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Marking Wet Material

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Frozenoak

Frozenoak

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 123 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 July 2019 - 20:31

I have been presented with an ink related problem at work.  We are trying to label a wet tissue with an indelible mark for tracking through processing and testing.  The basic guidelines are such;

The material can not be dried out

It can not be punctured

It will be rinsed then soaked in Alcohol

It will then be soaked in something like formaldehyde

We are currently using the Sharpie Pro designed for writing on wet and oily surfaces with some decent results if it survives the initial alcohol rinse, but a significant amount of ink is washed off and pools at the surface of the rinse bath and then leaves spots or streaks on the tissue when it's removed. 

I am here to ask the community if you know of any inks that we can use under these conditions?  I am planning to explore stamp pad and ink well type inks with a brush or something.  Any ideas are welcome.

Sponsored Content

#2 BaronWulfraed

BaronWulfraed

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,569 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 19 July 2019 - 06:25

A stab in the dark... https://www.amazon.c...k/dp/B00387BTJS

Sponsored Content

|