The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Goodbye Dreamtouch?

visconti dreamtouch palladium gold

29 replies to this topic

#21 Twister292

Twister292

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 September 2019 - 17:55

HS have now changed over to 18K gold nibs as per listings as LCdC

Sponsored Content

#22 jekostas

jekostas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 03:13

Visconti should cancel the tubular steel nibs next.

#23 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 22:37

May I ask how does this tubular nib write? It looks kind of ugly. 

Visconti should cancel the tubular steel nibs next.

#24 Bill P

Bill P

FOUNTAIN PEN ENTHUSIAST

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 08 March 2020 - 23:46

In my experience the tubular nibs write very well....I have enjoyed using them....they are very unique, and they look very good on the Pens that Visconti has installed them on.

#25 awa54

awa54

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:18

With palladium at $81US per *gram* I'm betting that no nib maker will be producing high palladium content nibs for the forseeable future.

David-

So many restoration projects...

#26 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:54

Bill P: Thank you for your input. It's always good to hear from other people's first hand experience. Good to know!

In my experience the tubular nibs write very well....I have enjoyed using them....they are very unique, and they look very good on the Pens that Visconti has installed them on.

#27 anton1978

anton1978

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 20:26

May I ask how does this tubular nib write? It looks kind of ugly. 

I have visconti racetech with tubular B nib. It's excellent nib. Excellent writer.

#28 como

como

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,017 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 March 2020 - 20:49

anton1978: Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated!

I have visconti racetech with tubular B nib. It's excellent nib. Excellent writer.

#29 offbase

offbase

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 02:00

I'll start buying Visconti again when they start making nice (IMO) pens again. Everything is a variation on the HS or Divina, or a demo. What happened to celluloid, double reservoir power fillers and ink windows? The Wall Street, Ripples,all the nice LEs with power fillers, big gold nibs, great themes, wire inlays, etc.???

And now they're all priced at Montegrappa level; even more! I see why DD left. Pump out near identical (bleep) at the lowest manufacturing cost for whatever they can get away with charging.

And believe me, I'm no Visconti basher. I've probably owned as many or more of their early-2012 or so LEs as anyone on this board. That's why I'm so disappointed in the Visconti of today.

#30 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,619 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:13

I'll start buying Visconti again when they start making nice (IMO) pens again. Everything is a variation on the HS or Divina, or a demo. What happened to celluloid, double reservoir power fillers and ink windows? The Wall Street, Ripples,all the nice LEs with power fillers, big gold nibs, great themes, wire inlays, etc.???

And now they're all priced at Montegrappa level; even more! I see why DD left. Pump out near identical (bleep) at the lowest manufacturing cost for whatever they can get away with charging.

And believe me, I'm no Visconti basher. I've probably owned as many or more of their early-2012 or so LEs as anyone on this board. That's why I'm so disappointed in the Visconti of today.

I agree with all of this except for the argument that they're making them as cheaply as possible.

They're being made by Italians. So they're being made as badly as possible. Not cheaply.

Cheap stuff can still be high quality and reliable.

It's a minor difference, but it's there  :P

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: visconti, dreamtouch, palladium, gold

Sponsored Content

|