The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Sailor Ink Studio Swatch Tests - Part 10 - Green

sailor ink studio nick stewart inky thoughts

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 NickiStew

NickiStew

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 10:09

nick-stewart-sailor37.jpg

This is the tenth part of my Sailor Ink Studio swatch tests. The swatch cards shown are part of a lovely range of what I'm going to call Green.

nick-stewart-sailor38.jpg

Sailor 160 - A light translucent green with a slight blue hue. Washes well with water with limited chromatography in evidence. Turning a neon white/blue when subjected to bleach.

Sailor 767 - A rich mid grass green with yellows in evidence in the watery edge areas. A limited white/blue effect when subjected to bleach.

Sailor 967 - A grubby mid grass green with yellows in evidence in the watery edge areas. A dull white/yellow effect when subjected to bleach.

nick-stewart-sailor39.jpg

Sailor 960 - A deep green with a slight blue hue. Washes well with water with limited chromatography in evidence. Turning a dull white/blue when subjected to bleach.

Sailor 760 - A mid green with a slight blue hue. Washes well with water with limited chromatography in evidence. Turning a neon white/blue when subjected to bleach.

Sailor 460 - A translucent mid green with a slight blue hue. Washes well with water with limited chromatography in evidence. Turning a neon white/blue when subjected to bleach.

nick-stewart-sailor40.jpg

Sailor 867 - A proper yellow green that blends easily with water and feathers out yellow at the edges. A sheen in evidence. A dull gold effect when subjected to bleach.

Sailor 260 - A light yellow green that blends easily with water and feathers out yellow at the edges. A sheen in evidence. A white/blue effect when subjected to bleach.

Sailor 167 - A translucent yellow green that blends easily with water and feathers out yellow at the edges. A neon white/blue effect when subjected to bleach.

Please Note: From now onwards, all of my fountain pen ink swatch test reviews will be posted within Inky Thoughts. Following an insightful discussion with the moderators, it was agreed that as my investigations are experimental and tend to highlight the chromatic behaviours of fountain pen inks for potential artistic endeavours, this really is the most appropriate section for them within the FPN forum to post and discuss. Thanks.

Edited by NickiStew, 15 July 2019 - 10:10.

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Sponsored Content

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sailor ink studio, nick stewart, inky thoughts

Sponsored Content

|