The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Wing Sung 699 - Victo Green Stationery Vacuum Filler Coming

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 JollyCynic

JollyCynic

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 13:30

A few weeks ago, Beini from PenBBS told us that both Wing Sungs (WSE and Victo) were developing vacuum-filler pens.  The WSE turned out to be the 3013, which has been fairly well received.  Bobby has just posted on his Instagram about the Victo Green Stationery version.  Right now they're just sending out some beta versions, and I have no idea when they'll be in regular production, but Bobby's AliExpress shop (no affiliation) has about ten of the beta pens at $30 each.

The forum rules appear to indicate that I'm not allowed to link to information, so more information can be found on Bobby's Instagram account, under the user name offices_supplies_pen.

It's a bit rich for me for testing a pen in beta, especially with how much I love my current group of vacuum fillers.  But figured others might want to check it out.

Sponsored Content

#2 Grumpy-Doctor

Grumpy-Doctor

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 13:48

The beta of wing sung 699 looks very similar to pilot custom 823.

I will probably stay away from beta version for now, especially when i just got some new vacuum filler pens from ws and penbbs 

#3 MuddyWaters

MuddyWaters

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 14:06

Damn it does indeed look like a pilot custom 823. Not cool... (My mind has changed on this compared to before, especially when it comes to more iconic and well designed pens)

Link to a post about ergonomics I made: http://www.fountainp...with/?p=4179072

#4 NighthawkSix

NighthawkSix

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 14:27

I managed to copy a picture of it before it sold out

Edit: I couldn't help myself and ordered one.

fpn_1563114361__wing_sung_6992.jpg

Edited by NighthawkSix, 14 July 2019 - 14:39.

#5 richardandtracy

richardandtracy

Ancient Artifact

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,687 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 15:39

The forum rules appear to indicate that I'm not allowed to link to information, ...

I must admit I feel this is an unusual interpretation, as many, many people (including me) put in links.

Regards,

Richard.

#6 JollyCynic

JollyCynic

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 14 July 2019 - 16:02

I must admit I feel this is an unusual interpretation, as many, many people (including me) put in links.

Regards,

Richard.

I think most people assume the guidelines wouldn't forbid it.  In fairness, it almost looks like the rules encourage linking with with the line, "Please do post helpful links. The Fountain Pen Network is part of the larger pen community, and we should all be assisting each other."  But it expressly states, "In a subject discussed on The Fountain Pen Network, links to other sites (including links to Blogs) may only be posted by approved and paying Premium Account Holders."

I'm relatively sure whoever wrote them thought they were explicit about what kinds of sites could and couldn't be linked to, but it forbids all external sites for non-paying members..  I do happily post links to other parts of this site, however.  I'm one of the weirdos who reads Ts&Cs and abides by them.

Anyway, to stay on topic, I also thought that it looked a lot like an 823, but a particularly cheap-looking 823.  I'm interested to see what "in the wild" pictures look like.

#7 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 22:13

Saying it "looks like"  823 is an understatement. Not sure if it does have a ball end tip at the clip like the 823 though.

Also I've seen in Bobby's IG that there is a picture dedicated to saying that when filling, do not push the blind cap / piston rod assembly fully down but leave a 5 mm gap.

Wonder what's that all about.

#8 Cyclohexene

Cyclohexene

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 22:58

Saying it "looks like"  823 is an understatement. Not sure if it does have a ball end tip at the clip like the 823 though.

Also I've seen in Bobby's IG that there is a picture dedicated to saying that when filling, do not push the blind cap / piston rod assembly fully down but leave a 5 mm gap.

That is kind of a wonky translation, the Chinese wording makes more sense: when the pen is filled and ready to be used, do not pull back the piston rod too much in case ink gets squirted out when you screw the end cap back in later.

#9 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibulous

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,319 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 08:34

Disengaging the shut-off valve?

I'll stick with the 698.

Edited by Karmachanic, 15 July 2019 - 08:35.

"Want little. Need less. Love more."

#10 sciumbasci

sciumbasci

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,046 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 July 2019 - 11:51

Victo is the factory behind the 601 and the 618, correct?

#11 Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 July 2019 - 01:30

Victo is the factory behind the 601 and the 618, correct?

And Wing Sung 626 , 659 , 698 as well comes from the same factory . :)

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

#12 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,152 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 01:01

I mean, the 3013 is a heavy clone of the TWSBI vac700R.

I'm down with this. Let moonman make unique stuff and Wing sung make really high quality, affordable facsimiles.

I'll buy one. I've been SUPER impressed with the 3013, which is my new "give away" pen, since it's cheaper than the 698.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 17 July 2019 - 01:02.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#13 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,114 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 July 2019 - 16:07

That is kind of a wonky translation, the Chinese wording makes more sense: when the pen is filled and ready to be used, do not pull back the piston rod too much in case ink gets squirted out when you screw the end cap back in later.

That makes more sense, thanks for the clarification

#14 Toluene67

Toluene67

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 20:51

Is there anyway to find out what nib it has? I.e #5, #6 etc?

#15 JollyCynic

JollyCynic

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 18 July 2019 - 21:24

You could try asking Bobby, the only seller I've seen with them (offices_supplies_pen on Instagram and his eBay/Etsy/AliExpress shops are linked through there), or you could wait for ChrisRap's review to come out, as he was possibly the first one to order one of them.

#16 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 25 July 2019 - 12:20

It's a hybrid size. Bigger than the nib in the 626 but smaller than a PenBBS nib or a #6.

L-R: Wing Sung 626/627, Wing Sung 699, PenBBS, #6.

Wing_Sung_699_01_sm.jpg

My take on the pen here.

#17 NighthawkSix

NighthawkSix

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 August 2019 - 03:10

I finally received my Wing Sung 699 and I'm really enjoying it. It has a good weight and balance and, after some minor smoothing, is a great writer.  :thumbup:

#18 OCArt

OCArt

OBB

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,627 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:40

I wanted a slightly broader nib and replaced the stock one with a #6 Fuliwen medium nib.  It is a little larger but fits just fine and is a very smooth writer.  I got three for $5.69 here

----------------

"Pens a'plenty in 2020" Chuck Montano from The Nib Section podcast

#19 Seele

Seele

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,122 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 August 2019 - 13:57

I wanted a slightly broader nib and replaced the stock one with a #6 Fuliwen medium nib.  It is a little larger but fits just fine and is a very smooth writer.  I got three for $5.69 here

OCArt,

It seems there's not a lot of consistency among nibs of the same size number; would you be kind enough to measure the dimensions of the Fuliwen nib, as I am curious about it? Would also be helpful to know the feed diameter it partners too. TIA!

No, I am not going to list my pens here.

#20 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Posted 15 August 2019 - 14:36

That's the Fuliwen #2 nib. Good to know it fits!

And Fuliwen's corresponding feed, though I don't have one here to compare directly with the feed that comes with the 699.

1908151028PM.png1908151034PM.png

Edited by EDC, 15 August 2019 - 14:45.

Sponsored Content

|