Converter For Starwalker And Montblanc M

Jip

I have tried around a bit, and the following converters work:

In the Montblanc M and Starwalker 2019 (have not tried the old model).

Schmidt K2 Converter (normal fit, not too tight.)

Schmidt K5 Converter (tight fit, but not too tight)

Faber Castell Converter (Actually a Schmidt K2)

If there are more you know to work let me know in the comments!

post-145556-0-89892500-1563034801_thumb.jpeg

Latest addition:  Montblanc LeGrand 146 Calligraphy Flexible Nib

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jip

• Twister292

• Pravda

• Newjelan

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have what I suppose you could call an "old" Starwalker (a black plastic and red gold model, bought in 2015). I'd characterize the fit of a Schmidt K5 in it as "normal".

fpn_1375035941__postcard_swap.png * * * "Don't neglect to write me several times from different places when you may."
-- John Purdue (1863)

I find the K2 converter fits like a normal Montblanc inc cartridge, where as the K5 feels more tight.

I do have an ‘older’ Starwalker in black resin with platinum trimming, but it’s a rollerball/fineliner.

I’d suggest:
K5 converter if you want to fill the pen by putting the nib in an inkwell, and the K2 converter when you want to fill the converter from an inkwell by removing it from the pen first.

With the 2019 Starwalker I suggest the K2 and fill the converter from the inkwell, rather than through the nib, since the knurled/striped grip section is a pain to clean if you dip it too deep.

I use a Pelikan converter in mine, and it works fine (I believe that's a Schmidt?)...I will try my Kaweco and GvFC converter and report back as well

Yes the Pelikan converter is a Schmidt K5 converter.

ST Dupont works for me

St Dupont converter is the Schmidt K5.

I have a Starwalker Cool Blue from eons ago. I bought a Faber-Castell converter at the same time and it’s still functioning perfectly.

• 1 year later...