The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Twsbi Go Nib Comes Loose

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Monserrate

Monserrate

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:35

A few months ago I bought a TWSBI GO specifically for long writing sessions. After a few minutes of writing I noticed there was a noticeable gap between the nib and the feed. Every time I press the nib down on paper the nib lifts off the feed and ink runs out from between the gap. To stop the ink from gushing out and fix the gap I have to push the nib and feed back into the section. At first I thought the nib wasn't set in properly but after completely disassembling and cleaning my pen the nib still comes loose.

My pen is a wet writer but I have never heard of a nib wiggling it's way out of a pen because of the amount of ink flowing through it. Is anyone else having this problem? Should I try a drier ink? Or any other suggestions?

Sponsored Content

#2 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,897 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 July 2019 - 09:04

Ink should have nothing to do with it.

contact TWSBI. You got a dud pen, and while you may have to put up with some rather snide comments from their customer service, he'll replace it.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#3 Brianm_14

Brianm_14

Write like no one is watching

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 00:53

Here’s a different take:  My GO’s nib is loose, too.  Is that any surprise?  The pen is junk, from the concept to the execution.  

Look at it.  Really?  From whence in Pendom came the cry for such a misbegotten, unnatural creature?

And what was I thinking when I bought one?

Be done with it.  Give it away to someone you don't like, or just throw it away.  You have better things to do with your time.  What’s wrong with the GO cannot be fixed by merely mortal hands.

Brian

#4 Steveg58

Steveg58

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Flag:

Posted Today, 03:24

I have two and they work just fine - they are good value for the money just don't expect them to be the same as a pen 5 times the price. A loose nib sounds like a defect but it isn't cause to throw a public tantrum. If you want a Montblanc or Pelican then ante up the money and buy one. Don't expect a budget pen to fill that role.

Sponsored Content

|