The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Namiki Mandarin Duck Ode To Love. Last Pen For Europe !

namiki mandarinduck makie japanesepen

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

Sakura FP Gallery

• Premium - Emerald

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2019 - 13:53

The Namiki Emperor Mandarin Duck is an ode to love. It is adorned with a couple of Mandarin Ducks lovingly and

peacefully swimming on a pond bordered with reeds and flowers, in a decor of colorful maple leaves. 

Mandarin Ducks are the only duck species that mate for life. Once they find a partner, they remain a couple until their death.

If one dies, the other one often disappears soon after. In Asia, they are a symbol of love, fidelity, and marital happiness.

In Japan, they are a lucky charm and often gifted as a wedding present.

Namiki released The Emperor Mandarin Duck in 2007. It is kept a secret how many pieces are made since then.

Namiki decided to end the theme with the mandarin ducks. 

This Namiki Emperor Mandarin Duck is the very last in Europe.

This is the last chance to buy this beautiful Mandarin Duck! 

Check out the website for more pictures. In real life, it is even more stunning.

https://www.sakurafo...eror-collection

nak-madarin-pic-7.png

Catherine Van Hove

sakurafountainpengallery.com

Sponsored Content

#2 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,915 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 July 2019 - 19:10

Beautiful pen.  Alas, I have to admire the craftsmanship and artistry of maki-e pens from a distance -- I can't take the risk of having an allergic reaction to the urushi finish (yes, I am THAT allergic to stuff like poison ivy  :().

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#3 Gloucesterman

Gloucesterman

Transformation Coach

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,257 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 00:15

Unsure as to my sensitivity to the urushi and poison ivy. Definitely have an adverse reaction to a 9,500 Euro debit to my current life(style). 

For me, that type of beauty must be admired fro afar. 

Perhaps a large lottery winning will change my perspective.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

#4 City74

City74

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 07:39

Simply gorgeous

#5 inkstainedruth

inkstainedruth

Ancient Artifact

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,915 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 15:58

Unsure as to my sensitivity to the urushi and poison ivy. Definitely have an adverse reaction to a 9,500 Euro debit to my current life(style). 

:lticaptd:

Early on in the hobby, I found some website chock full of exquisitely beautiful maki-e pens.  I said to my husband "Look dear!  I've just saved you twenty THOUSAND dollars!"  (The Philistine did not sufficiently appreciate my sacrifice.  Which is partly why our 30th Anniversary was celebrated at the Triangle Pen Show....)

Unfortunately, for me I AM that sensitive to urushi -- I don't care HOW much they swear it's been sufficiently cured.  Three runs of steroids and six weeks to knock out the LAST time I had poison ivy was enough of a lesson, for me to not trust it.   :(  Oh, and we didn't have air conditioning in that house (don't remember if that was the same year that we went to see Waterworld *solely* for being in AC for ~3 hours...).

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

#6 salmasry

salmasry

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 July 2019 - 19:50

:lticaptd:

Early on in the hobby, I found some website chock full of exquisitely beautiful maki-e pens.  I said to my husband "Look dear!  I've just saved you twenty THOUSAND dollars!"  (The Philistine did not sufficiently appreciate my sacrifice.  Which is partly why our 30th Anniversary was celebrated at the Triangle Pen Show....)

Unfortunately, for me I AM that sensitive to urushi -- I don't care HOW much they swear it's been sufficiently cured.  Three runs of steroids and six weeks to knock out the LAST time I had poison ivy was enough of a lesson, for me to not trust it.   :(  Oh, and we didn't have air conditioning in that house (don't remember if that was the same year that we went to see Waterworld *solely* for being in AC for ~3 hours...).

:lticaptd:  :lticaptd:    I could not stop laughing  about  the amazing  20K savings and how  it was met with lack of appreciation.  Some people do not appreciate the sacrifice , we pen  peeple do make

That exactly my syndrome  whenever the pen is  in the  4 digit category.       :yikes:

Edited by salmasry, 12 July 2019 - 19:50.

#7 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 01:05

That exactly my syndrome  whenever the pen is  in the  4 digit category.       yikes.gif

Fortunately, plenty of options in the 995 and under USD/GBP/EUR category.  laugh.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: namiki, mandarinduck, makie, japanesepen

Sponsored Content

|