One Brand (Fp + Ink) For Life

BVT

But what if you could only use one single brand for both fountain pens and inks for the rest of your life?

My guilty pleasure to last til my end of days...

When the world is sad and blue, I turn to this Mysterious Blue and write my world Red.

I am not the original owner. I would not surprise me that the same brand ink was used in this pen.

Think about it: a brand and ink not for the rest of my life, but a few other lifetimes...

We are but mere custodians.

As Anthony "ParkerDuofold" used to say: "be well and enjoy life! :-)"

fpn_1563052586__waterman5_red_mb_-_edite

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NeverTapOut

• The Good Captain

• sciumbasci

• Enkida

Montblanc all day long.

149 is perfect fit for my hand and Royal Blue...I use it 90% of the time.

Montblanc all day long.

149 is perfect fit for my hand and Royal Blue...I use it 90% of the time.

+1 - Montblanc is my first choice.

Pelikan would be my next choice, with Pilot following close behind.

The OP should have made this a poll. It would have been interesting to see how everyone's opinions match up.

Edited by 5Cavaliers

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Montblanc.

I'd replace my Conid's with 149's and match my limited number of inks with the Montblanc range.

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

Montblanc.

I'd replace my Conid's with 149's and match my limited number of inks with the Montblanc range.

Why would you replace you Conid's with a 149.

Just curious...the 149 is my favorite pen.

I have been contemplating buying a Conid however for the price I can just buy another 149 with a different nib size.

+1 - Montblanc is my first choice.

Pelikan would be my next choice, with Pilot following close behind.

The OP should have made this a poll. It would have been interesting to see how everyone's opinions match up.

Every time I use a smaller pen my hand starts to cramp...plus the wight is perfectly balanced.

In term of ink I found MB writes decent almost on any paper.

Easy one... Sailor!

Even though I don't own any Sailor pen, I couldn't live without their inks...

YNWA - JFT97

Instagram: inkyandy

Why would you replace you Conid's with a 149.

Just curious...the 149 is my favorite pen.

I have been contemplating buying a Conid however for the price I can just buy another 149 with a different nib size.

Conid does not make ink, so I chose Montblanc in this hypothetical scenario.

In reality, the Conid Kingsize is my ideal pen - I have no intention of swapping the two I have for anything!

I think the 149 looks nice (never tried one though) and has the size I like for my hands. But Conid has a greater ink capacity, the ability to be disassembled at home for cleaning / replacing parts and I prefer ebonite to 'precious resin'. Yes they are pricey, but the engineering is top notch; it really is a pen for life.

Pens: Conid Kingsize ebonite (x2)
Inks: 
  KWZ Dark Brown / KWZ IG Orange / Diamine Chocolate / Diamine Burnt Sienna / Diamine Ochre / Monteverde Scotch Brown

Conid does not make ink, so I chose Montblanc in this hypothetical scenario.

In reality, the Conid Kingsize is my ideal pen - I have no intention of swapping the two I have for anything!

I think the 149 looks nice (never tried one though) and has the size I like for my hands. But Conid has a greater ink capacity, the ability to be disassembled at home for cleaning / replacing parts and I prefer ebonite to 'precious resin'. Yes they are pricey, but the engineering is top notch; it really is a pen for life.

I was looking today a the Conid Kingsize Demonstrator...I think I might pull the trigger. Right now pen would not be ready until Nov 25th...That is the start of the holiday season which means it will probably take longer.