The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Ensso Italia On Kickstarter

ensso kickstarter machined

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#41 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 08:28

That copper version looks so gorgeous. Can I ask how heavy it feels in use? I’d be tempted if it weren’t going to be a work-out every time I wrote something ....

It's heavy as hell. A note taker, not a paper writer.

I still love it because it's just crazy satisfying in the hand. The ridges are amazing if you're the type who fidgets with a pen or whatever's in your hand.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

#42 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 February 2020 - 12:33

Thanks! It does still sound great .....

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#43 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 5,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:28

Thanks! It does still sound great .....

I'd buy it again in a heartbeat and it's one of my most used pens, if that does help convince you

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#44 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,946 posts

Posted 09 February 2020 - 15:14

No inner cap. Dries out when left for a few days. Useless for me. Oh well. $110 experiment.

Edited by Karmachanic, 09 February 2020 - 15:23.

"Simplicate and add Lightness."

#45 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:11

No inner cap. Dries out when left for a few days. Useless for me. Oh well. $110 experiment.

Do you mean the Italia or the Gist? I’ve got two Italias and that’s not my experience. I’ve also got a Piuma from Ensso that’s gone months without being used and writes first time of asking.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

#46 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• 2,946 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 14:19

Do you mean the Italia or the Gist? I’ve got two Italias and that’s not my experience. I’ve also got a Piuma from Ensso that’s gone months without being used and writes first time of asking.

Italia. Guess I'm just lucky ;) I'll try another ink when it runs dry. Maybe I'll have a different experience.

#47 bbs

bbs

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• 1,420 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 11 February 2020 - 16:28

I hope so, Karmachanic!

#48 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 5,618 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:56

I've noticed mine runs dry when left for more than 4 or 5 days. it behaves a lot like a parker sonnet.

I found and fixed the issue though. It's got an air exchange issue through the slit in the cap for the clip. Just remove the clip, stick a dab of silicone in there, and close it back up. Problem solved.

#49 Aysedasi

Aysedasi

24 Heures du Mans and Oblique Addict

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,216 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:04

Mine doesn't run dry at all.  Because of the appalling cap threads situation, I've used it very little since I got it, but every time I've picked it up it has written well.  No sign of any drying out at all.  

#50 Karmachanic

Karmachanic

Nibalitic

• Member - Gold

• 2,946 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 11:35

Thanks. I've got Colorverse String in in at present, which is a dry ink. I'll run the pen dry by Monday and fill with something wetter to see if that makes a difference.

For the threading issue the method I mentioned in post #35 works for me.

#51 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,843 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:25

I've had mine for a couple of weeks now, and it's a truly lovely pen, *BUT*...

• I'm also having hassles with cap and barrel cross-threading (mine's a Titanium pen).  It's not as bad as it was at first, but still far from smooth; 
  • I'm also finding the nib is prone to dry-out if I leave it capped for more than a day or two.

I'm glad to know that both of those issues are fixable (haven't gotten around to removing the clip to grease it yet) - but really they shouldn't *be* problems on a pen at this price-point.  Especially if you're wanting to build your retail business off the back of your Kickstarter campaign.

I'm happy with my black aluminium Piuma and loved my brass XS with titanium nib (until I lost it, that is  :crybaby:) - but feel a bit let down by the fact that this pen hasn't arrived "ready to go".  Still, if the problems on-arrival can be sorted, I'm not gonna grumble too much...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ensso, kickstarter, machined

Sponsored Content

|