Karas Pens The Bolt V2 Mini-Review

Two years ago I have bought a Karas Kustoms Bolt pen in black form Cult Pens. I do have some other pens form Karas, but this pen is using a bolt action to forward and retract the refill. I like the pen very much because all parts are made in house and made from metal, hard to fail in my opinion. The pen is using ONLY Parker style refills, including Fisher-Space with their spacer. One characteristic of the pen is their own clip design, attached with two little hex screws, a very sturdy heavy-duty clip!

Recently Karas Pens release a new version called V2 with some improvements.

I have bought a green Karas Pen the Bolt V2 with Parker set-up. The initial Bolt and Bolt V2 looks the same, but there are some changes. First the guys form Karas pen redesigned the internal body to accommodate more refills, from Parker to Pilot G2. Also they have moved the bolt action mechanism on the far back of the pen to allow different style refills to fit into their pen; for that job now the pen is using a screwed spacer (to avoid any moving parts). Another major improvement is the O-ring between the upper and lower body parts to stay together when are screwed. At the last is the J-slot redesigned for easier movement.

When I purchase the pen I should opt for the conversion kit for a fiver, but I didn't. Anyway because of the distance between Karas pens and me, it didn't worth to reorder just the conversion kit, so I have emailed the company and they replied that a mini hex/Allen key of 3/46" or 1.3mm will work.

So far I have tried Schimdt EF9000, Pentel Energel, Uniball Jetstream and Fisher Space refills, all working fine.

The Bolt V2 become my favorite pens form all Karas pens I have now.

48139909282_9eb34cd715_b.jpg

48139836331_5dd56fc9b1_b.jpg

48139827686_d85d606ec4_b.jpg

48139841113_db199fd61d_b.jpg

48139829968_6ea242d942_b.jpg

48139887722_bff31a3d95_b.jpg

48139875477_cc1fc82c44_b.jpg

48139799178_eec2ebff8c_b.jpg

25644736117_7e6e97d7ec_b.jpg

32078543252_4f93f2c834_b.jpg

31417113753_90de3f4839_b.jpg

Edited by usk15

• 10 months later...
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• frogbaby

• usk15

Top Posters In This Topic

are you still enjoying your bolt v2 ?

i am looking at their copper version, i like pilot g2 refills and as you say the new design accommodates more refills

are you saying that the bolt takes the energel needle point ? just buy the while pen and remove the refill ?

do i have that right ?

Yes, I'm still enjoying the Bolt V2.

The Energel needle point it will work, but you will need to trim like 1mm from the back of the refill, it is longer a bit than a Pilot G2.

I will recommend to get the conversion kit, you never know when you want to use a Parker style refill.

Currently I'm running a Schimdt Ceramic Rollerball 888 F refill.

Pilot V5/7 will also work without any mod.

Energel, Signo, Jetstream, Sarasa and Acroball refills will work, but need some trimming, they are longer than Pilot G2.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, I'm still enjoying the Bolt V2.

The Energel needle point it will work, but you will need to trim like 1mm from the back of the refill, it is longer a bit than a Pilot G2.

I will recommend to get the conversion kit, you never know when you want to use a Parker style refill.

Currently I'm running a Schimdt Ceramic Rollerball 888 F refill.

Pilot V5/7 will also work without any mod.

Energel, Signo, Jetstream, Sarasa and Acroball refills will work, but need some trimming, they are longer than Pilot G2.

thanks a lot, i have so many pens on my list, just bought a grafton which looks to be a nice pen for $35

https://everyman.co/collections/grafton/products/grafton-pen