The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Bad Luck X 2: Need New Sj Barrell And J Section.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Gutbucketeer

Gutbucketeer

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 04 July 2019 - 03:23

So I have been restoring Esterbrooks with no problems over the last couple of months, then all of a sudden I've had bad luck.  First I cracked the barrel of an red icicle SJ.  It was about 1/2 out and I heard a crack, and a little rectangular piece fell off.  Welding it with Tensors 3502 did not hold.  I learned to use some heat to loosen the barrel even after soaking for 24 hours.   Then I recieved a really nice Root Beer colored J that needed a new sac.  So I soaked it and applied heat.  Everything was coming off fine, but I did not screw the nib back in after soaking.  I heard a crack and there is now a crack in the section. I am trying to weld the section back together. I learned never mess with the section with the nib unscrewed. 

Bottom line is now I have two very pretty pens, that don't work.  I'm looking for a spare red barrel for an SJ (The thin one that is 4.75" inches capped, and a spare section for a J  (the wide one that is 5" capped).

Does anyone have one of these.  I would be willing to pay a modest amount.

Thanks

Jim Bunch

Sponsored Content

#2 Tom Heath

Tom Heath

Collectors Item

• Premium - Ruby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 July 2019 - 20:30

Jim I should be able to help   about $ 10.00 for barrel and 5 from the sections + postage

PM  me if you like 

Tom

penfancier1915@hotmail.com

Tom Heath

Peace be with you .   Hug your loved ones today

Sponsored Content

|