Hello From Western Massachusetts!

MissCellany

Hi everyone!

Finally got around to making an account here- I've been into fountain pens for about a year now, and absolutely love the hobby! I have a small, but lovely, collection that I'm working on growing as I further familiarize myself with what I enjoy out of a pen, and what my needs tend to call for.

Really looking forward to getting to meet folks here, and to share some of my pics and experiences!

I've been introducing a couple of my friends into the hobby, too- which is great fun! I'm even working on organizing a monthly fountain pen meetup in my area!

Have a great day, all! :D

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MissCellany

• jar

• inkstainedruth

• Henricum_Tropen

Hello and Welcome to FPN!! Glad to have you as a member!!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Welcome from the midwest! Hope you enjoy your time here.

"There is nothing new in the world except the history you do not know." - Harry S Truman

Hello and welcome to FPN.

Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous  Who taught by the pen

Taught man that which he knew not (96/3-5)

Snailmail3.png Snail Mail 

You have successfully entered a rabbit hole, who knows what it'll yield and where it'll lead.

Enjoy the fascinating journey and feel free to ask/share... thumbup.gif

W2FPN.gif

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Greetings from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

I usually suggest that new folks click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page, in order to get a manageable overview of a range of topics. And to check out the pinned Index to the the Ink Reviews (although a lot of old images were hijacked by Photobucket... :().

Oh, be warned that we are all shameless enablers here, who will happily help you spend your discretionary funds on pens, inks, paper, repair tools, ephemera, pen shows (the Commonwealth Show, just north of Boston in Somerville, just got scheduled for IIRC September 15th, which is a Sunday -- it's a small show but a good starter show; yeah, I know you said Western Massachusetts but MA is a small state compared to PA),

So, what pens and inks do you currently have?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Hello and welcome to FPN, from Cape Town, South Africa.

To sit at one's table on a sunny morning, with four clear hours of uninterruptible security, plenty of nice white paper, and a [fountain] pen - that is true happiness!

- Winston Churchill

Welcome to the forum.

Rob Maguire (Plse call me "M or Mags" like my friends do...)I use a Tablet, Apple Pencil and a fountain pen. Targas, Sailor, MB, Visconti, Aurora, vintage Parkers, all wonderful.

Welcome! You will find lots of great information here and many suggestions to expand your collection so start saving up.
Cheers,
Ozzy

None of us knows how long he shall live or when his time will come. But soon all that will be left of our brief lives is the pride our children feel when they speak our names.

Thank you for the warm welcome, everyone!

Greetings from Pittsburgh! :W2FPN:

I usually suggest that new folks click on the "View New Content" button at the top of the page, in order to get a manageable overview of a range of topics. And to check out the pinned Index to the the Ink Reviews (although a lot of old images were hijacked by Photobucket... :().

Oh, be warned that we are all shameless enablers here, who will happily help you spend your discretionary funds on pens, inks, paper, repair tools, ephemera, pen shows (the Commonwealth Show, just north of Boston in Somerville, just got scheduled for IIRC September 15th, which is a Sunday -- it's a small show but a good starter show; yeah, I know you said Western Massachusetts but MA is a small state compared to PA),

So, what pens and inks do you currently have?

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

Good to know about the Commonweath show, but unfortunately Somerville is about 2.5-3 hours from me. Depending on my schedule in September, I may be able to make it!

My current roster of pens is as follows:

• Moonman M2, EF
  • Jinhao Snake, gold, F
  • Twsbi Eco Clear, 1.1mm
  • Lamy CP1, F
  • Platinum PTL 5000a, black, M
  • Platinum 3776 Century, bourgogne, SF

And inks:

• Colorverse Black Hole
  • J. Herbin Lie de The
  • Diamine Earl Grey
  • Diamine Oxblood
  • Dimaine Red Dragon
  • Diamine Firestorm Red
  • Diamine Bilberry
  • Diamine Oxford Blue
  • Shaeffer Skrip Blue (only a bit, from a vintage 70's bottle)
  • Pilot Blue Black
  • Pelikan 4001 Turquoise
  • Iroshizuku Shin-Ryoku

My short-list of pens on my "Hit List", in order of priority:

• Pilot Elite 95s, black, M
  • Lamy 2000, .2mm custom grind
  • Waterman Carene, Black Sea GT, M

Welcome to the FPN.

It's always good to meet people having this hobby. I found people who like fountain pens are usually humble and friendly :)

BTW which of your pens are currently inked?

Hi MissCellany, :W2FPN:

That's a nice selection of pens you have. Here's to your continued enjoyment of them. :thumbup:

Welcome to the FPN.

It's always good to meet people having this hobby. I found people who like fountain pens are usually humble and friendly :)

BTW which of your pens are currently inked?

All six of them! I use them for journaling, daily writing, and writing letters.

Current combinations:

• Lamy CP1- Pilot Blue Black
  • Jinhao Snake- Diamine Oxblood
  • Twsbi Eco- Diamine Firestorm Red
  • Moonman M2- Pelikan 4001 Turquoise
  • Platinum PTL 5000a- Diamine Oxford Blue
  • Platinum 3776 Century- Diamine Earl Grey

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I won't ask on a public forum where in Western MA you are, but I too am in Western MA. A recent transplant from California. I've found that the beauty of this area has renewed my interest in fountain pens and writing in general; it had become rather somnolent for awhile. I'm solidly in the vintage pens and flexible nibs camp myself. Since I have all the pens I am ever likely to want, I am now delving into interesting inks and papers ....

If you do indeed have a pen meet-up please let me in on it!!

Welcome to the FPN from West Virginia and a former Massachusetts resident. Love the western part of the state and spent many weekends camping on Mt. Greylock.

Enjoy the adventures in the fountain pen world,

When the pupil is ready, the teacher will come.