Leather Inc. Closing

mikerph

It is my sad duty to inform you all that Leather inc. in Lexington Ky. is closing after 30 plus years in business. They have (had) the largest selection of writing instruments in central Kentucky. Everything is on sale and is 20% off as of now. Their last day will be in the middle of August. The store is located in Palomar Center at the intersection of Man O War and Harrodsburg road in Lexington. With this closing,,there will be no pen shops in the central Ky area.

Secundum Artem

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikerph

• Steve

• niccig

• Mr5x5

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a shame. They were always friendly and helpful. Actually, I think their move from Lexington Green to Palomar hurt their business.

• 3 weeks later...

Leather Inc has increased discount to 30% off and up to 50% off on pens 500.00 and over and 40% off on pens 350.00 to 500.00

Secundum Artem

I'm pretty sad about this, they've been my go-to for years. Well-earned retirement for them though! I went in yesterday to see if they had any kaweco liliputs left (they did not) but ended up taking home a couple other kawecos and some private reserve cartridges.

FYI for anyone interested, they've still got a really good stock of PR short cartridges but bottled ink in most brands is pretty sparse. Still a really good selection of pens though, but I got the impression they might have only a couple left of most. I don't think they ever kept a huge stock of most pens anyway, other than the more popular/less expensive ones.

Sample Request: I really really want to try Diamine Steel Blue. I will trade you samples!

http://img525.imageshack.us/img525/5673/inkdz2.pnghttp://img525.imageshack.us/img525/606/letterji9.pnghttp://img181.imageshack.us/img181/3937/paperzu3.png

• 2 weeks later...

I went into the store today(8/10) and found that all pens were50% off(Sheaffer was 60%off). There were several higher end pens left; Pelikan , Pilot, Cross, Pinider, and some Online and Lamy Safaris and Kaweco; there were some Delta pens that were left over in their discount display that were already marked down with no further discounts. I found out their last day will be Saturday, 8/17. The nearest pen store will then be Appointments in Cincinnati.

Secundum Artem

Tomorrow is the last day before they close- just got an e-mail that say all pens are up to 60% off.

Secundum Artem

Just came from there a bit ago. Picked up a Pelikan 200 Amber, some ink and a Kaweco ice sport. They had 60% off all pens that were not already on closeout. The owner said that it had been pretty much 24/7 for 34 years. It was time. I hate to see them go, but I understand.

Just came from there and pens are selling down- still some less expensive pens and a lot of Sheaffer ballpoints as well as Online pens a lot of Cross pens( Ferrari and some upper level models). Think there were still some Lamy Safaris left. I got a Parker Premier fountain pen and several Lamy ballpoint refills. I found that they extended the sale for another week, but will close at 5pm or so each day.

Secundum Artem

Today is the last day of business for them, there are several of the better Cross pens, a few Kaweco pens left some Online pens and several Mazzouli, Delta, and other miscellaneous better pens left-all are 70 % off. They will keep open till 7pm. Then its over.

Secundum Artem