The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Interchangeable Parts (Nibs, Sections, Feeds, Caps) Between Models

maintenance repair parts

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Addertooth

Addertooth

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 14:13

I play around with 0552 1/2 V or LEC, 452 1/2 V or LEC, Lady Patricia sized Watermen pens.  

Is there a table/chart/list which shows interchangeable parts with the older 12 1/2, 32 1/2 (or other 1/2 sized pens)?

I am thinking about getting up a modest spares inventory of parts.

Sponsored Content

#2 sidthecat

sidthecat

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 17:39

I would imagine the vest-pocket pens would be the same as the ringtops, but that’s merely a hunch.

#3 Z-Tab

Z-Tab

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2019 - 18:22

There's general expectations, but ultimately, the only way to know is to try. Good to have an assortment of spare parts to test them out for best possible fit. The parts that always seem the hardest to come by are the caps, in my experience. You might find 20 barrels for every crack-free cap. 

Sometimes pens with the same model number could be made decades apart, in different countries, with different machines. They might be very close, but close doesn't quite cut it when you need an airtight seal to keep a pen from developing leaks. There is a lot of variation in the feeds over the years, in particular.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: maintenance, repair, parts

Sponsored Content

|