Who Makes Hugo Boss Pens

In my neck of the woods in the UK there are very few Pen shops, and given the recent closure of Websters Pens and our local Montblonc Boutique even less choice, all we have is WH Smiths and a few Jewellery Shops that sell a few Montblonc and Hugo Boss pens and that got me wondering, given that HB is just a fashion house anyone one know who makes their pens?

Paul

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wolverine1

• gerigo

• Paul80

• C95

Don't quote me on this, but based on the fact the price point is not high and the nibs small stainless iridium point style but with proprietary stamping, at the same time, well put together, I would say any of the OEM manufacturers in Taiwan. I personally don't think it's China because for a long time through the 90's, I think Yafa and similar distributors sourced their pens from small OEM companies in Taiwan where it was much easier to do trade. China was both pretty much closed off and also their pen manufacturing knowledge was simply not there. However, it's hard to pin point exactly who.

And to follow Gerigo's point, Taiwan's reputation for being a country where the state of the manufacturing industry is top notch, is a far cry from the crappy, poorly manufactured products produced by the vast majority of manufacturers in Mainland China.

• 8 months later...

I got a Hugo Boss Rollerball Pen recently and It is amazing and I love that pen.

I have several MB Ballpoint and Rollerball Pens but I prefer this New Hugo Boss pen.

I am planning to get some extra Refills for this pen. It is really worth this pen as a regular writer for me.

I don't know who is doing the refills but I have noticed this pen at " Cult Pen web site"

• 2 months later...

I have several Hugo Boss ballpoints and a couple of Laban pens, I’ve noticed some similarities between them and wondered if there was any connection. The fit and finish are comparable.

Secundum Artem

It is made by a liscencee of Hugo Boss. From that companies website:

"Plastoria started out as an industrial leather manufacturer. Over the years, Plastoria has expanded its expertise to many other types of fashion accessories (from leather goods to writing instruments, to timepieces). In order to offer more competitive products in a complex environment, we manufacture products with various origins. Once again, we make the difference in the organisation of our production process and control of our factories (in order to supervise the quality and whether social and environmental law is respected). For instance, when manufacturing a pen, the body of the pen will be machined in our Taiwan factory (well known for its precision), and the refills come from Germany, where we work with the best subcontractors in ink and mechanical systems. The final assembly and quality control is done in our factory in Brussels. Thanks to our flow management and our strict logistic-line control (quality, rapidity, price) we are able to bring together the best that every country has to offer."