Hello dear FPN colleagues
i recently clean up the storage room on the 2nd floor to create space for my desktop so i can do my work there. i found some pen, at that time i believe is Parker IM Silver - Gold trim Ballpoint which get really dirty because of ink leaking on the cartridge and it jam the click mechanism on the top. After cleaning my first pen i gave it to my dad because it was his pen and i do find enjoyment in cleaning pen which recall my memory that i used to saw a lot of pens on the flea market (back then, i flip some money on analog cameras). This is my findings on 3 flea market that i visited during my work projects on several cities.
https://i.imgur.com/baAtTxW.jpg (detailed pic here)
from my basic research on the internet, i bought 5 Parker Vector (sport? perhaps) could you help me to identify the origin, edition, batch or anything beside the info that i gather from the detailed description
https://i.imgur.com/OaBc0WZ.jpg (detailed pic here)
(from top - bottom
1. Rollerball, made in U.K, "green pearl" color i suppose, why the clip is different from the other vector it has feather engrave?
2. Rollerball, made in . U.K, military camouflage pattern (but different with the camo version that i found on the https://parkerpens.net/archives-1.html)
3. Rollerball, made in USA, blue color (why it has plastic clip?)
4. Fountain pen with "M" Nib, made in USA, navy color
5. Rollerball, made in USA, turqoise color (same arrow plastic clip while the navy FP has steel clip))
then, 2 parker vacumatics and 1 parker 45
https://i.imgur.com/f8mqA7p.jpg (detailed pic here)
(from top - bottom
1. on the barrel it says "PARKER VACUMATIC NO. 9 MADE IN CANADA REGTMS 318982", grey strip pattern but the end cap has different color stripe more blue to purple ish, missing its original nib and feed, the diaphragm sac seems missing
2. on the barrel it says "PARKER VACUMATIC NO. 6 MADE IN USA, the barrel seems plain stripe not like the other one, has original feed but with broken fins, the diaphragm sac seems missing
3. parker 45 with X mark on the feed (Xtra fine?) with plastic cartridge. made in USA (is this the flighter version?)
could you help me to identify the origin, edition, batch or anything beside the info that i gather from the detailed description ? and any suggestion for substitution for nib and feed from any brand that suitable for the vacumatics and also the DIY vacum filler mechanism (ink sac diaphragm and pellet)
and the last one is parker IM but i believe this is the fake one because the mechanism is different from the first IM that i cleaned before, and i read there is a lot of fake jotter, vector, and IM out there
https://i.imgur.com/kpnP2ej.jpg (detailed pic here)
the body itself is metal and feel rigid and heavy, with P logo embossed on the click button. help me to verify its authenticity.
i got all these 20 pens (and other fake meisterstuck and unbranded pen made from wood) for less than $25 so, do you think repairing those vacumatics are worth a shot? because i would like to use that as my main pen because i love the pattern on the barrel.
Harits Insan Kamil
Edited by insanekamil, 24 June 2019 - 11:52.