The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Did Anyone Ever Heard Of A Chinese Fountain Pen Company ''jin Ma ''

chinese fountain pen jin ma rainbow gold nib did anyone ever heard

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Stefan-Ionut-Marius

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 23 June 2019 - 10:40

Did anyone ever heard of a chinese fountain pen company with the name of  Jin Ma  .  I have seen a gold nib fountain pen from that company " Jin Ma 518 and it looks very similar to some pen's from another chinese pen company '' Rainbow '' .

It's  actually any relations  between those two fountain pen companies Jin Ma and Rainbow ?

Attached Images

• jin ma.jpg

I love Fountain Pens, with hooded nib in the classic style, Parker 51/61 type .

Ionut - Marius

Sponsored Content

#2 Mech-for-i

Mech-for-i

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 June 2019 - 07:48

" Jin Ma "or 金馬 is one of the brand under the " Hefei Ja Ma Pens " factory which owned list of brands including a number of lesser known ones but the more well known are Huashi (  華士 ) and Lily ( 鈴蘭 ) , it had no affiliation with Rainbow though , and those pens look pretty much similar because under the then industrial ( nationalized ) system, design is state own and shelved out to licensee in these local / 2nd tier Mfr from the big ones and its not hard to figure all of these come originally from Hero 616 design , though almost all of them had variation and their own tweaks , the 518 is Ja Ma's variant of the gold nib version of this just like Rainbow 800 ( also 12K gold nib but essentially the same pen as the Rainbow 202 )

Edited by Mech-for-i, 24 June 2019 - 08:01.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: chinese fountain pen, jin ma, rainbow, gold nib, did anyone ever heard

Sponsored Content

|