I just bought a beautiful evergreen Estie with MV converter from my favorite Little Rock pen store. The new pen with new nib work great! However, the MV is an almost complete failure. I have four vintage Esterbooks, inherited from my grandmother. Each of those four nibs plus the vintage nib I bought with the Estie work in each of the four vintage pens. However, only two nibs work in the MV without jamming tight in less than one turn. A touch of silicone grease doesn't fix it. The manufacturer sent me another MV, but it has the same problem. The manufacturer says I'm the only one with the problem and it's old plastic, so I'm on my own. Anyone else have this problem?
FPN Quick Navigation
- Our New FPN 2015 LE Pen!
- - FPN Blue Pearl Celebration LE
- FPN Forums & Forum Categories
- - FPN News forum
- - The Mall forum
- - FPN World forums
- - The Marketplace Forums
- - Writing Instruments forums
- - Brand Focus forums
- - Regional Focus forums
- - Inks, Inc. forums
- - Paper, & Pen Acc. forums
- - Creative Expressions forums
- FPN Store, Donations, Accounts & Advertising
- - Store Home
- - FPN Ink Store
- - Advertise on FPN - Info
- - FPN Marketing & Advertising
- - Variable Amount Donations - Iridium, Rhodium & Platinum
- - Fixed Amount FPN Rhodium & Platinum Supporters, & FPN without Ads Donations
- - Premium (Trader/Retailer) Accounts
- - Straight PayPal Anonymous Donations
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Annual Subscription
- - FPN Without Ads Donation, Monthly Subscription
- - The FPN Café Press Shop
- FPN Apps & Modules
- - Blogs
- - Classifieds
- - Gallery
- - Downloads
- - Home Page
- - Members
- - Pen Events Calendar
- - FPN's RSS Feeds
- - Shoutbox
- - Upload
- - Classifieds: Browsing
- - Classifieds: Creation
- - Classifieds: Questions & Answers
- - Upload: How-to
- Rules & Guidelines
- - FPN Rules, Guidelines, TOU
- - Classifieds Rules
- - Premium Accounts: Rules
- - Market Watch Rules
Problems W/mv Converter On New Estie
Posted 23 June 2019 - 15:34
Pictures of the Renew Points May help too
Posted 24 June 2019 - 02:16
MV is what Esterbrook calls their section specially constructed for vintage nibs. You swap out the standard issue with this MV section. The idea is that you use the new Estie with all you old nibs.
Posted 27 June 2019 - 17:36
My decision: Having a handful of vintage Esterbrooks and a handful of extra nibs, I opted not to invest in the MV converter. Kenro will sell you an extra F, M, or B nib for only $25, which is less than what many of the vintage nibs cost. And the pen is significantly larger than the J pens, with a significantly larger JoWo nib such that a vintage Esterbrook nib might appear dwarfed in the new Estie pen. But that was my decision.
Baptiste knew how to make a short job long
For love of it. And yet not waste time either.
Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:00
fidlnjohn: I bought the Este with the MV converter from the same favorite Little Rock store last March. I have 11 old nibs and they all work fine.
Since you live somewhere near Little Rock why don't you come to the Arkansas Pen Club meeting next Thursday night (July 11th) at 6:00 PM. A link to the club web site is at http://www.arkansaspenclub.com/ and will give you all the information. Bring your Este and get help from a whole bunch of "experts".
I just saw you're flying a Kansas flag so maybe you can't make it to the meeting.
Edited by RoyalBear, 08 July 2019 - 02:10.