Anthony Passed Away

ParkerDuofold

Dear FPN Community,

I wasn't sure where to put this, but "First Stop" sounded like the logical choice.

My name is Linda and I have had the rare pleasure of being Anthony's executive secretary for some time now. I go back to when he was just the general manager; anyways, I am very sorry to say that Anthony, (aka Parker Duofold), passed away on a nature hike the Sunday before last.

He apparently slipped and fell down into a ravine and was found dead early the next morning by forest rangers. He typically wore a helmet and safety gear, but for some unknown reason, he wasn't that day.

I'm trying to get a few words together about him to share with all of you and I will, but I am having a difficult time collecting my thoughts. He was a very special and unique individual and I hate the thought of having to work for someone else.

His family is letting me use one of his phones to tie up all the loose ends, so I will be coming back now and again for the next few days; there are a few stories I want to share with you.

I wish I could provide a link to an obituary, but Anthony expressly stated in his will, he didn't want one. He said the people who love me, already know me and the people who don't; won't care. So, why pay $1000 to a liberal rag to print an obituary to tell people what they already know; or don't care to know... when the local food bank needs the money a lot more?

Anyways, I will be back to answer what questions I can and if I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to respond.

Sincerely,

Linda L.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ParkerDuofold

• pajaro

• Bibliophage

• Olya

My condolences to his loved ones.

I was enriched by his supportive posts, especially these words:

"be well... and enjoy life. :)"

I'm relatively new here but have lurked for quite a while, and I always found it a pleasure to read his posts. He had a certain genuine, well-intentioned conversational style that is increasingly rare to find these days of sarcastic witty one-liners. His passing is truly a loss for this community. My condolences to his friends and family.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

This hits hard, even if I never directly interacted with him... I always enjoyed his posts, and his signature advice to Be well, enjoy life, always struck a chord... he will be sorely missed. Linda, I wish you strength in coping with this loss. Thanks for letting us know.

a fountain pen is physics in action... Proud member of the SuperPinks

fpn_1425200643__fpn_1425160066__super_pi

Anthony was a very special person. He was always honest, encouraging and positive. There are few like him, and he will be missed.

Thank you, Linda, for letting us know. Please extend my deepest condolences to his family. And please know that I will be keeping you and Anthony's family in my prayers.

"Today will be gone in less than 24 hours. When it is gone, it is gone. Be wise, but enjoy! - anonymous today

Anthony was mistaken about at least one thing - many of us, who only knew him through the board, found him delightful. I am sorry to hear of your, and our, loss. I should very much appreciate stories about him.

While I would enjoy reading about his life, I am not surprised that he preferred funds for a charity to an obituary. He had a kind heart.

Please accept my condolences. I always thought he must be Italian, since I have cousins that look like his picture.

This is sad and shocking news. Thank you, Linda, for letting us know. My condolences to Anthony's family and friends. He will be missed.

RIP, Anthony.

My latest ebook.   And not just for Halloween!

My other pen is a Montblanc.

My condolences to you, Linda and to Anthony's family

To hold a pen is to be at war. - Voltaire

RIP, my deepest condolences to his family.

Just shocking. Life truly is fragile. sad.png

Interesting posts and conversations. He will be missed.

I am not surprised that he preferred a charity rather than his obituary.

Thank you Linda for letting us know and may the Almighty give you strength to come to terms with his untimely demise.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

So sad to read this news. Anthony will be sincerely and sorely missed. I enjoyed his posts and respected his kindness to others here on FPN.

Whenever you are fed up with life, start writing: ink is the great cure for all human ills, as I found out long ago.

~C.S. Lewis

--------------

Current Rotation:

Edison Menlo <m italic>, Lamy 2000 <EF>, Wing Sung 601 <F>

Pilot VP <F>, Pilot Metropolitan <F>, Pilot Penmanship <EF>

It may be fair to say that Anthony and I differed about practically everything from politics and religion to important stuff like cars, all except about the Lamy 2000. :)

Despite our differences we corresponded privately on several occasions about current FPN discussions and private matters, always with kindness on both sides. I shall miss him. My sincere condolences to his family.

X

Very sad news. Anthony was always so helpful to new people such as myself and very friendly and giving. He will be missed by many of us here at FPN.

Wow - I didn't communicate directly with him but his contributions here always stood out and added great value to the community. Condolences on the loss and thank you for letting everyone know. I've no doubt many here will miss him.

Edited by OmegaMountain

"Words can light fires in the minds of men. Words can wring tears from the hardest hearts." - Patrick Rothfuss

Linda:

thank-you for taking the time to share this very sad news.

Condolences to you and his family and all of those that he touched.

He will be very sorely missed by many of us here in the FPN community.

Bill P.

First met Anthony here because of his gentle sense of humor. He was kind and generous. I did not agree with his religion or politics but he always insisted that those differences of opinion were no excuse to be rude or intolerant. Condolences to everyone who loved him.

Love all, trust a few, do harm to none. Shakespeare