Waterman No 7 Red Ripple Black Currently Listed....

Marlow

This rather elusive version of the No.7 has appeared. I have the Grey one which is enough for me and am not looking to empty my pockets in an attempt to bag this one. Maybe someone else on here will?!

(I'm not the seller! lol)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Waterman-7-red-ripple-BLACK-NIB/173939640378

Please post a review if you win it!

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marlow

• 1nkulus

• PAKMAN

• PaulS

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Would love to own it but not willing to pay what it would take to do so!

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

Vanness Pens - Selling Online!

Would love to own it but not willing to pay what it would take to do so!

Yup! As at 1730hrs on 25th June it's already at $978. I wonder what will be the closing price! I'm gonna guess at $1500!

Edit: With 157 views and only 2 replies to this topic I'm guessing that more than one FPN-nut is targeting it! I just hope they post a review. Hopefully they already have a Pink to compare flex!?!

Edited by Marlow

Laura Ingalls Wilder

I'd put in a bid but for that pesky need for food and shelter.

I know! It's a nuisance having to sacrifice great pens for stuff as mundane as staying alive! However, if I were going to spend a huge amount on a single pen then a mint 139 long ink view window or a mint 149 Silver Rings would have to come first!

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Way above my league especially for a vintage. Plenty of interesting options in that price bracket IMO.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I know! It's a nuisance having to sacrifice great pens for stuff as mundane as staying alive!

Seriously, I could do without the monthly hassle. laugh.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Seriously, I could do without the monthly hassle. laugh.png

Work really cuts into my day!

Laura Ingalls Wilder

life's a b-I-t-c-h …….. I'd have done the deal had it not needed a sac :lticaptd:

Edited by PaulS

Work really cuts into my day!

That too. laugh.png

All that time saved could be used for interesting hobbies but OTOH, that is what you would do after retirement.

Engineer :

Way above my league especially for a vintage. Plenty of interesting options in that price bracket IMO.

It's funny you say that as I'm the complete opposite. I would never pay top dollar for a modern-made pen, with the possible exception of one of the absurdly beautiful japanese maki-e urushi type jobbies if I could afford it! Just as well we aint all the same tho, innit?! :happyberet:

Laura Ingalls Wilder

It's funny you say that as I'm the complete opposite. I would never pay top dollar for a modern-made pen, with the possible exception of one of the absurdly beautiful japanese maki-e urushi type jobbies if I could afford it! Just as well we aint all the same tho, innit?! happyberet.gif

Unfortunately, none of the Japanese art work on the pens interests me.

OTOH, I wouldn't pay that sort of price for any pen. The Waterman will probably cross $1250.

I am OCD about condition, all my pens are excellent/mint/brand new, which has led me to overlook bargains on numerous occasions.

Different strokes for different folks. smile.png

Fortunately, this journey down the rabbit hole has enough attractions to keep everyone enthralled.

Edited by 1nkulus

Engineer :

good job you can't see my collection then biggrin.png

I don't know, I might enjoy your collection. It could be fascinating, all depends upon the collection. wink.png

Engineer :

I've never gone this deep into my pockets for a vintage pen even one so rare as this one, $475 is probably the highest I've gone on a vintage. That said I just recently paid more than the present price on that pen for a modern custom made pen.

PAKMAN

minibanner.gif                                    Vanness-world-final.png.c1b120b90855ce70a8fd70dd342ebc00.png

My Favorite Pen Restorer                                             My Favorite Pen Store

life's a b-I-t-c-h …….. I'd have done the deal had it not needed a sac :lticaptd:

I would INFINITELY prefer one that had, indeed, had the sac replaced so as to avoid even the minimal chance I might damage it when removing the section. It's similar to why I wouldn't even try to replace the sac in an Eversharp Coronet albeit that the coronet is inherently tricky to dismantle safely anyway. If the seller had taken the risk and been successful, then in the case of such high value pens that counts for a lot in my view.

Laura Ingalls Wilder

I've never gone this deep into my pockets for a vintage pen even one so rare as this one, $475 is probably the highest I've gone on a vintage. That said I just recently paid more than the present price on that pen for a modern custom made pen.

Wow! I wonder whether you would share what the custom pen was?!

Laura Ingalls Wilder

I think other folks collections seem always more fascinating than our own - they're sufficiently different from our own to make viewing an exciting event, though at the end of the day they probably contain much the same material - perhaps it's the colours and different arrangement that is the appeal - eye candy maybe :)

However, it may well be true that there would be a difference in content between States based collectors - perhaps strong in Parker and Sheaffer - and mine which has eclectic status, definitely strong in U.K. made pens - though I do own a few of the States made pens.

Am sure I'm OCD somewhere along the line, but I have much tolerance toward some shabby and less than pristine pens - I can be forgiving if the price is right :)

I think other folks collections seem always more fascinating than our own - they're sufficiently different from our own to make viewing an exciting event, though at the end of the day they probably contain much the same material - perhaps it's the colours and different arrangement that is the appeal - eye candy maybe :)

However, it may well be true that there would be a difference in content between States based collectors - perhaps strong in Parker and Sheaffer - and mine which has eclectic status, definitely strong in U.K. made pens - though I do own a few of the States made pens.

Am sure I'm OCD somewhere along the line, but I have much tolerance toward some shabby and less than pristine pens - I can be forgiving if the price is right :)

Definitely! My 'forgiveness' seems to be directly proportional to the rarity of the pen.

As to collection-fascination, I'd sure love to clap eyes on some long-standing collections of German pens, Italian pens (for the continental overlays) and USA pens for those incredible and out-of-reach early Parkers - abalone-clad taper cap pens are a holy grail I never expect to find!

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Wow! I wonder whether you would share what the custom pen was?!

It's a beautiful David Broadwell done in woodgrain ebonite with Mosaic Damascus Steel cap band and top and a meteorite clip with a fine 14k Bock nib!

Picture from David's Webpage:

post-5351-0-18964800-1561572936_thumb.jpg

PAKMAN