• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Intensity

• Gloucesterman

• lgsoltek

• AndyLogan

Thank you for sharing your views of this ink with us. It is indeed a very nice "soft" color & I am glad you found the scent pleasing.

(The pen & ink are perhaps one of the best "matches" I have ever seen!)

Thanks from me too, and the first thing I thought of -- as a comparison -- was the chiku-rin, but you've nicely nailed down a lot more. :)

Only distraction I see is the price (70.00 Euros or $85.00 for 50 ml). MB inks seem to indicate a never-ending rise in prices. :mellow:

Life is too short to drink bad wine (Goethe)

Thanks, Michael. Excellent review.

The colour doesn't work, for me. I shan't be buying it.

Agree with lapis, re ink pricing of the boutique inks (not just MB) Becoming prohibitive, as 'user' inks.

Then again, bought a bottle of Red Chine which was worth every penny - and still have a fill or two in my old Winter Glow bottle - so, sometimes it's worth it?

Excellent pen and penmanship, as always.

Thanks.

Well if you like, have fun with it.

But my 65-year-old Montblanc-256 says, "70Euros!, Nah, I'm good".

Less is More - Ludwig Mies van der Rohe

Less is a Bore - Robert Venturi

Thanks for the review Michael, I see you used the champagne realo.

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

Love the review ...

and especially the pics and comparison

ink is not for me though

vaibhav mehandiratta

architect & fountain pen connoisseur

blog | instagram | twitter

Beautiful hue, but I know for sure it would bother me how pale and translucent this ink is for writing purposes (and the price would bother me very much as well). Thank you very much for the review!

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

Thanks for the review and it's not for me.

I even had difficulty reading it on my monitor for the first time. Guess I will stay with Noodlers, Diamine, and other MUCH less expensive inks.

Oh yes and I currently have more ink than I will ever use. Thank goodness for the September 15th Commonwealth pen Show "in Boston".

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Way too illegible on the page for me. But thanks for the review -- reviews of inks I WON'T want are way better for my wallet....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Thanks for the review and it's not for me.

I even had difficulty reading it on my monitor for the first time. Guess I will stay with Noodlers, Diamine, and other MUCH less expensive inks.

Oh yes and I currently have more ink than I will ever use. Thank goodness for the September 15th Commonwealth pen Show "in Boston".

What happens then with excess ink? Are you referring to the ink testing table?

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

I am not sure what happens.

And no, I am not referring to the ink testing table. These are my own inks and I will probble end up selling the one's I choose to get rid of.

Stop by anyway and say hello.

“Don't put off till tomorrow what you can do today, because if you do it today and like it, you can do again tomorrow!”

Oh I’m definitely coming to this one! Missed one last year but came to the show a year before that.

• 3 months later...

~ Michael R.:

Thank you for preparing this review.

I especially appreciate the handwriting examples.

Montblanc Elixir Parfumeur Vetiver Green has written well for me.

The scent is faint yet perceptible.

For adding botanical highlights to sketches, it's ideal.

Tom K.

Thanks for the review. Looks too washed out for my liking.

With the new FPN rules, now I REALLY don't know what to put in my signature.