The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Lamy Safari - White With Black Clip - Japan Limited Ed.

lamy safari limited edition

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 248 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 13:54

I would actually buy that if they released it in Germany, dang it.  I don't think I'd go out of my way to purchase it at a huge markup from standard prices here in Asia.  I'm already mourning the loss of my short-lived dream to get the blue LE Lamy 2000 because I hate those types of arbitrary markups for what is basically just a different paint job.

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

Sponsored Content

#22 jslallar

jslallar

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 13:57

The Pen has Black Accents and Trims and comes in only EF and F nib options. .......

NMiobs are easily changed in these Models ....

Enjoy your pens
Have a nice day
Junaid

#23 Sal the List Maker

Sal the List Maker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 27 June 2019 - 15:03

I would actually buy that if they released it in Germany, dang it.  I don't think I'd go out of my way to purchase it at a huge markup from standard prices here in Asia.  I'm already mourning the loss of my short-lived dream to get the blue LE Lamy 2000 because I hate those types of arbitrary markups for what is basically just a different paint job.

My rationale was that the price of the pen itself was the regular price as any other Lamy Safari, it's not marked up. What makes it pricey is 1. Shipping it all the way from Japan and 2. Tipping the CP for getting it for me.

Shipping costs usually stop me from making overseas purchases but I couldn't resist this one!

#24 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 June 2019 - 18:07

I'm already mourning the loss of my short-lived dream to get the blue LE Lamy 2000 because I hate those types of arbitrary markups for what is basically just a different paint job.

+1

The nib section is even the same colour as makrolon yet, to create exclusivity, they decided to offer it only with EF IIRC.  laugh.png

How tough can it be to swap the section to access all the nib widths?

With the Safari, it is a different price for every paint job depending on the region.

Edited by 1nkulus, 27 June 2019 - 18:12.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#25 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,677 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 28 June 2019 - 05:06

Its on the way for me....

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#26 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 29 June 2019 - 19:33

If black nibs were offered in 1.1 italic, yes!

The 1.5mm Lamy steel nib is one of my top favorites.  I would LOVE to get them with black coating.  Even considered asking fpnibs.com about arranging some "group buy" for custom-plated Lamy Italic nibs.  The reason I thought of them is that they seem to specialize selling nibs with all sorts of different coatings, though mostly by JoWo, so perhaps there's some chance they'd be able to arrange custom plating for Lamy nibs too.

Edit: Just wrote to fpnibs.com asking about this.

Edited by Intensity, 29 June 2019 - 19:37.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

#27 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,591 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2019 - 01:42

Looks like the Alpin which I already have from way back in the 90s. Seems like I suddenly have a cool pen! :)
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#28 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 July 2019 - 20:43

Seems like I suddenly have a cool pen! smile.png

Always an ecstatic feeling to find something in your collection that is the flavour of the month.  biggrin.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#29 Calabria

Calabria

Pelikano

• Member - Gold

• 1,591 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 22:58

Always an ecstatic feeling to find something in your collection that is the flavour of the month.  biggrin.png

Yes - "I want that! Wait, I have that." 😄
"If you can spend a perfectly useless afternoon in a perfectly useless manner, you have learned how to live."
– Lin Yu-T'ang

#30 Intensity

Intensity

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 1,667 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 July 2019 - 23:29

FYI, fpnibs.com now lists a custom color plating option for steel Lamy Italic nibs, including rose gold and black rhodium. Not cheap, but still good to have the option. Ill probably get one or two 1.5mm in black color.

Edited by Intensity, 02 July 2019 - 23:30.

“I admit it, I'm surprised that fountain pens are a hobby. ... it's a bit like stumbling into a fork convention - when you've used a fork all your life.” 

#31 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:52

FYI, fpnibs.com now lists a custom color plating option for steel Lamy Italic nibs, including rose gold and black rhodium. Not cheap, but still good to have the option. Ill probably get one or two 1.5mm in black color.

thumbup.gif

Engineer :

#32 1nkulus

1nkulus

• Member - Gold

• 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 03 July 2019 - 11:54

Yes - "I want that! Wait, I have that."

laugh.png

Engineer :

#33 Sal the List Maker

Sal the List Maker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:16

So mine is here *squeals*

Came in a sturdy Lamy box - not the usual vented black cardboard box - wrapped in Lamy wrapping paper and Lamy ribbon.

I love it.

Attached Images

• 20190708_141104.jpg

#34 Glenn-SC

Glenn-SC

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 5,172 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 06:56

Congratulations!

#35 Sal the List Maker

Sal the List Maker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 13:05

Congratulations!

Thanks!

#36 Sal the List Maker

Sal the List Maker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 13:47

They look very similar but I think I prefer the Japanese version. I will take pics in daylight tomorrow.

Attached Images

• 20190708_214616.jpg

#37 Glenn-SC

Glenn-SC

Museum Piece

• Member - Gold

• 5,172 posts

Posted 08 July 2019 - 20:50

I like them both.

(Now to find the Japanese version.)

#38 coppilcus

coppilcus

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 July 2019 - 20:14

So mine is here *squeals*

Came in a sturdy Lamy box - not the usual vented black cardboard box - wrapped in Lamy wrapping paper and Lamy ribbon.

I love it.

Congratulations!

Is it glossy or textured (pretty please textured, pretty pleased textured)?!

#39 Sal the List Maker

Sal the List Maker

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 15 July 2019 - 15:17

Congratulations!

Is it glossy or textured (pretty please textured, pretty pleased textured)?!

Sorry to disappoint you - not textured but gloriously glossy!

#40 Anne-Sophie

Anne-Sophie

Antique

• Member - Gold

• 2,119 posts

Posted 09 August 2019 - 13:57

Lamy was offering glossy pens with black trims, in the late 90's, early 2000's.

I don't remembers seeing the white version, but I know that they had red and blue, possibly green, but I am not sure.

Around that time I remember a light grey textured Safari with black trim.

I just found out, from the very comprehensive Lamy Safari post, started 10 years ago, that the Safari Umbra, also had a black clip.

I also believe that some years ago, Lamy changed the manufacturing of Safaris to fight counterfeit. 

The web is full of look alike, peddled by spider's like dealers, ready to strike the uninformed buyer

Please, buy from an authorized Lamy vendor!

Edited by Anne-Sophie, 09 August 2019 - 14:28.

Is it fair for an intelligent and family oriented mammal to be separated from his/her family and spend his/her life starved in a concrete jail?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy safari, limited edition

Sponsored Content

|