The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Mixing Out Of Desperation

équinoxe 6 skrip blue greenish blue callifolio lartisan pastellier

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SenZen

SenZen

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,868 posts

Posted 19 June 2019 - 15:21

So I really didn't want yo get into mixing inks, it took me a while to match the right pen to each of my 29 inks and I didn't want even more complications, but... Seeing Équinoxe 6 was depleting I got a 50ml pouch only to find it doesn't look like what I liked, which has been widely reported: perhaps there is an error in a batch, or perhaps it just got mixed, in any case there doesn't seem to be an equivalent in the Callifolio line.

Solution: 2/5 Équinoxe 6 (the greener version) and 3/5 Sheaffer Skrip Blue which I had laying around and didn't use. The result looks like what I like, although the original went a bit darker and with a lot of sheen.

What is looks like out of the pouch:

2d8s1np.jpg

Now:

4qiedi.jpg

No starting or clogging up issues (my original less greenish Équinoxe 6 did have a tendency on its own to clog up some pens). If anyone likes this colour and doesn't need the hassle, I got the colour I liked from jetpens (no affiliation), perhaps their entire batch looks like that... Or not.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt."

B. Russell

Sponsored Content

#2 Lgsoltek

Lgsoltek

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,397 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 26 June 2019 - 07:01

Life is like a bottle of LArtisan Pastellier Callifolio Équinoxe #6...

(Edit: I just realised I said the same thing in my review LOL)

Edited by Lgsoltek, 26 June 2019 - 07:03.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: équinoxe 6, skrip blue, greenish blue, callifolio, lartisan pastellier

Sponsored Content

|