Pif Miscellaneous Free Pens And Ink

Paul-in-SF

I need to reduce the number of pens I am not using, and I also want to repay kindnesses received, so I am offering the pens listed below to my fellow FPNers. US only please, for postage reasons. Sorry about that, two of the biggest kindnesses I received were from the UK, but the pens aren't worth posting that far. I will be sending first class, which I think is without tracking, unless there is a cheaper method.

My criteria for selecting these for PIF were one or more of these: not particularly fun, to me, to write with, i.e. ok but nothing special; duplication; and/or minor issues that I just don't want to deal with. None of these pens are in my rotation and won't be again. All the nibs on these pens are steel.

One pen or bottle of ink per person, please. Feel free to list additional choices in case your first choice is already taken. Feel free to PM me instead of posting here if you prefer. I can't think of any good way to award these except in order of requests. In case of PMs, I will take note of the time stamps. I'll notify folks who are getting a pen or ink with a PM.

The first five were very cheap and are suitable for beginners. I got them in a bundle from, I think, JetPens. The ones with cartridges may also take some kind of converter, I haven't checked. Nothing wrong with them, except as noted, I just don't need them (I am keeping one from the bundle, so it wasn't a total loss).

1. Monami Olika, includes black cartridge mostly unused. Fine nib.

2. Pilot Petit1, includes black cartridge partially used (I wrote three journal pages with it). Fine nib.

3. Zebra Zensations disposable, made in China, black ink mostly unused. 0.6 mm nib. (this one appears to be a bit of a hard starter)

4. Platinum Preppy, includes black cartridge most unused. Fine .03 mm nib.

5. Pilot Varsity disposable, black ink mostly unused, medium nib.

The rest are miscellaneous pens I bought mostly from curiosity; any issues I had I will mention. Listed in no particular order.

6. Noodler's Ahab demonstrator with FPR (Fountain Pen Revolution) flex nib (I don't remember how it got that way or where the original nib is). Includes converter, could be eyedroppered I think.

7. Knox Avicenna, grey lacquer over brass, fine nib. Duplicate that I received from the vendor in spite of my assurances that the tiny issue I thought I had (but didn't) with the original did not require a replacement. Includes converter. Never inked, as far as I remember. My non-existent issue was that when posting the pen you have to push firmly into the plastic inner cap, or the cap will wobble and fall off.

8. Monteverde Monza, translucent "island" blue, chrome trim, fine nib. Includes converter. No problem, just not interesting for me.

9. Kaweco Perkeo, grey body with blue cap, fine nib. Includes tiny Kaweco converter; can't be eyedroppered as is due to hole manufactured into barrel. I really like this pen, but I have two and I don't need this second one.

10a. FPR Muft pen, Fine nib, demonstrator eyedropper. These are "free with purchase" from FPR, but I quite like writing with them. However, they do have the fairly common problem with eyedroppers, they burp once in a while.

10b. FPR Muft pen, same as above (I have two of these).

11. Airmail 71JT that I purchased from FPR. Fine nib. Clear resin barrel, green marbled ebonite cap and section, large pen, very wide chromed cap band. Eyedropper with enormous clear ink reservoir. I seem to remember that I had some minor problem writing with this, maybe it was a hard starter, I don't really remember. It would probably benefit from someone with some experience to baby it a little.

12. Kaweco Classic Sport clear demonstrator. Medium nib, comes with spare EF nib and feed. Nothing wrong with it, just a little too short to be comfortable for me. Some residual ink in the section between the clear part and the black sleeve that I can't get out, visual issue only, shouldn't affect performance.

I also have two bottles of ink that I would like to get rid of, I don't have room for them.

13. Noodler's House Divided, nearly full bottle. I just don't care for it.

14. Monteverde Fire Opal. A very nice ink, full 30 ml bottle that I bought, forgetting I already had one. I will never use up all the one that I already started, so here's your opportunity.

Thanks to everyone on FPN and out there in internet land who has helped me out. I'm very grateful.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paul-in-SF

• Yohaanrods

• Frozenoak

• Callinewbie

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Paul, I would really be interested in the Fire Opal ink and, if you want to include a pen, I think the Preppy is a darn good user!

None of us can have as many virtues as the fountain-pen, or half its cussedness; but we can try. - Mark Twain

Dibs on the Ahab, please.

Alternative pick: Kaweco Classic Sport :)

P.S.: Will be shipping to the South Bay.

Edited by InsaneRN

I would be interested in #12, thanks for the opportunity.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

OK, the following are now spoken for: #6, #8, #11, #12, and #14. Those folks should be expecting a PM from me shortly.

Good evening Paul,

Thanks for doing this PIF, very generous array of pens. I'd be happy with #7 Knox Avicenna.

Evening. I'd give the fire opal a try if it's available. If not then number 1.

Edited by plow

Hi,
I'd like to try the Noodler's House Divided ink (#13). It sounds interesting.

Thanks for doing a pass-it-forward.

Edited by PatientType

Four more items are spoken for, #1, #7, #9 and #14. Here's a short list of the six remaining items.

2. Pilot Petit1

3. Zebra Zensations disposable

4. Platinum Preppy

5. Pilot Varsity

10a. FPR Muft pen,

10b. FPR Muft pen,

The only reason I didnt ask for the FPR Muft pens is because you said they are "free with purchase" from FPR and theres a better that fair chance Ill be ordering from them soon.

Thanks for the giveaway...Id be glad to take the Preppy of your hands...and if any from these - 1,9,11,12 fall through.

OK, two more spoken for, #4 and #10a. Here is what's left:

2. Pilot Petit1

5. Pilot Varsity disposable

10b. FPR Muft pen,

Please PM me if you want one of these remaining pens, at this point I won't be looking at this thread very often. Thanks.

Maybe someone can help me with a system issue here? This offer has generated a number of messages in the Messenger application, and although I currently have 13 messages in my box, I can only see six within the Messenger application. There doesn't seem to be any option for scrolling down or "page 2" or anything like that. Am I missing something? I'm using the Chrome browser.

Edited by Paul-in-SF

Have you tried clicking the VIEW ALL MESSAGES option near the top? Hope that helps.

http://mark.intervex.net/fpn/images/LetterExchange.png

Have you tried clicking the VIEW ALL MESSAGES option near the top? Hope that helps.

What I found by further experimentation is that it defaults to New conversations, and to see everything I have to click on My Conversations (upper left on my screen).

Repeating request for anyone wanting one of the four remaining pens to please PM me, at this point I won't be looking at this thread very often. Thanks.

All the requested items have been mailed, save one where I don't have the mailing address yet. I have sent out individual PMs with tracking numbers, and they should all be delivered by Thursday or Friday. Please let me know if there are any problems.

Also, the Pilot Petit1 pen has been spoken for, leaving three items available.

5. Pilot Varsity disposable

10b. FPR Muft pen,