The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Best Inks To Refill Lamy M66 Rollerball

lamy m66

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 blackfinger

blackfinger

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2019 - 04:12

Hello, everyone. I have a lamy swift rollerball that uses the standard M66 refill. Following some tutorials I found here, I managed to disassemble the dry refill but after cleaning it and filling the little sponge inside with fountain pen ink, I can't make it work. It starts writing just fine, but soon the ink flow stops and the line becomes light and skippy. I wonder if there is some ink that works best to refill those "cartridges". I tried the standard Lamy ink, Edelstein, Montblanc... but no luck.

Sponsored Content

#2 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,121 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 June 2019 - 14:27

I shall give it a try when my refill runs out.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#3 BFU

BFU

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 July 2019 - 22:28

Lamy refils are certainly not the  cheapest, though thyt are larger than some.  I have a Tipo with a M66, and was playing about, tp see if other makes worked in it.  Found the Pilot G-2 refil works fine.  And has a wider ramge of colours available.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: lamy, m66

Sponsored Content

|