Diamine German Exclusive - Communication Breakdown

NickiStew

nick_stewart_communication_breakdown_10-

Another sheen exclusive for the German market by Diamine Inks.

nick_stewart_communication_breakdown_01.

A rich rust red Communication Breakdown bleeds out bright reds when blended with water and a green metallic sheen is in evidence.

nick_stewart_communication_breakdown_09-

nick_stewart_communication_breakdown_07.

When dry, the concentrated areas dry a metallic green. Depending on your paper surface the ink writes as a very deep rust red with strong hints of green sheen in evidence.

Tests conducted on Bockingford 200lb rough, Rhodia dot matrix and Tamoe River papers using a Noodler's Creeper pen. Now available from German ink retailers.

Edited by NickiStew

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NickiStew

• mke

• penzel_washinkton

• inkstainedruth

Seeing the title, I thought you were going to share a bad experience involving Diamine.

Nice red ink with sheen though, might pick one up in 30 mL bottles. Still pining for something like the Ortloff

Funny -- I normally don't much care for burgundy-leaning or blood-red inks. But this one certainly is a sheen monster....

Hmmm. Maybe it's because it's got that dark edge crispness that some people refer to as "haloing", which happens with some of my favorite inks (like vintage Skrip Peacock). Which is, at the same time really odd in this case, since while it has tons of sheen, it doesn't actually seem to have much shading in the written exemplars.... :huh:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

Seeing the title, I thought you were going to share a bad experience involving Diamine.

Nice red ink with sheen though, might pick one up in 30 mL bottles. Still pining for something like the Ortloff

Very similar inks in terms of both colour and German exclusivity. In terms of sheen, the Ortloff is an extreme sheen where this isn’t as pronounced.

To view the full article and images please visit my blog: **** WWW.NICKSTEWART.INK ****

Funny -- I normally don't much care for burgundy-leaning or blood-red inks. But this one certainly is a sheen monster....

Hmmm. Maybe it's because it's got that dark edge crispness that some people refer to as "haloing", which happens with some of my favorite inks (like vintage Skrip Peacock). Which is, at the same time really odd in this case, since while it has tons of sheen, it doesn't actually seem to have much shading in the written exemplars.... :huh:

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

What I would say Ruth is that although this is being pumped up as a sheeting ink, it’s no where near heavy as some of the monster sheens likke Maureen and Robert. Colourwise. it is close to Ortloff but as you’ll see from the water blends, this one has some amazing brilliants reds on show.

I have another Diamine exclusive ink coming from Germany to investigate. Stay tuned!

In case someone wants to order it:

https://papierundstift.de/communication-breakdown

> I have another Diamine exclusive ink coming from Germany to investigate. Stay tuned!

Let's guess, he is talking about this one:

https://papierundstift.de/diamine-a-night-in-jodhpur

Are you a part time detective or Mystic Meg by any chance? What else can you see in your crystal ball?

> crystal ball

The ball says that I probably need to buy it after your review. 😉

I hate country specials and other limited editions.😥

But thank you for this review - I think I need this ink. Now!