• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Marlow

• mallymal1

• sidthecat

• Bo Bo Olson

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Isn't the chalana quite long for its size?

The cross spire is extremely thin, but long.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

I'm a dedicated miniaturist...this assortment I published on another thread not too long ago:

fpn_1557598298__6c1f6702-6a32-45cb-b30d-

The leftmost is a Conklin with a right-oblique nib: of all my pens it's the only one. The next is a sterling Mabie Todd with a very flexy dip nib, and a white-gold Wahl with an even-flexier dip nib - hybrids are my guilty pleasure. Next is a Mystery: an elegant little eyedropper with a teeny-weeny nib and no information whatsoever. Someone's selling a similar one on eBay and he's as baffled as I am. The next one's also a no-name with a nice little Warranted nib. The black one is a Diamond Point with a Midget nib, and the two on the end are Peter Pans: the green one's a nail, but the gold-mounted one has a surprisingly flexy little nib: I have little hands, but it's a job to write with it so there is a lower limit for functional size.

post-8917-0-46578600-1560482935_thumb.jpg

I got four of these little fellas on eBay years ago. This is the only one I still have. Holds a standard cartridge, I believe (I've never inked it).

Sharon in Indiana

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self." Earnest Hemingway

Some very pretty pens Sid...

:notworthy1: :thumbup:

Vest pocket pens....if a man had one of those real short ones.

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Photos pretty please?!

Fine, as long as my R-Pi web server is running...

http://ad-hoc.microdiversity.freeddns.org/Stipula_Short.jpg

Top to bottom:

Passaporto Superleggero Stealth

Passaporto Superleggero "Drome" (clear)

Passaporto clear

Passaporto Ebonite LE

Bon Voyage

The Superleggero models are eye-dropper only, and the cheapest of the batch -- the only metal is the nib; the trim ring is chromed plastic.

The other three have nipples for international standard (short) cartridges, but also have o-rings for eye-dropper usage.

The longest is the Bon Voyage at just 4 inches (my Bexley Tuck-Away comes in at 4 3/8 inches capped -- reaching 7 1/8 posted; hence not included here). Superleggero at 3 3/4, and older Passaporto at 3 1/2.

Thanks, Bo Bo! Not too long ago somebody pointed at the Wahl-Fairchild pen I was wearing and asked: "Is that a whistle?"

the modern passaporto is absolute trash.

The wancai mini is also quite short.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Ebonite Indian eyedropper, possibly Deccan (maybe someone can tell from the clip and finial style). Fully functional.

post-83541-0-56562000-1560579796_thumb.jpg

post-83541-0-81490900-1560579809_thumb.jpg

post-83541-0-34008900-1560579830_thumb.jpg

Ebonite Indian eyedropper, possibly Deccan (maybe someone can tell from the clip and finial style). Fully functional.

attachicon.gif IMG_3936 crop scale.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_3937 crop scale.jpg

attachicon.gif IMG_3938 crop scale.jpg

Awwww, that is so cute! :lol:

"Every job is good if you do your best and work hard.

A man who works hard stinks only to the ones that have

nothing to do but smell."

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Montblanc Boheme Platinum Doue'

I really like the Boheme range. Bewildering array of sizes though and I don't think I've ever seen a seller note the capped length in a listing!

Laura Ingalls Wilder

Thanks, Bo Bo! Not too long ago somebody pointed at the Wahl-Fairchild pen I was wearing and asked: "Is that a whistle?"

:rolleyes: :yikes: :lticaptd:

In reference to P. T. Barnum; to advise for free is foolish, ........busybodies are ill liked by both factions.

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

yard o led and montegrappa

That Montegrappa looks stunning! What length are these two?

Laura Ingalls Wilder

My answer was to uncap it and show her that crazy nib. The lady, who had a thing for pens herself, melted at my feet.