The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Looking For Some Information On Century Pen Co Pen.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 shalitha33

shalitha33

Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:40

I am currently trying to get an old Century sleeve filler restored. Unfortunately i got the pen with internal components missing. I would like to ask some one who has one of these for an image of the filling system to see if i can get whats missing re-built by some one.

DSC01755.JPG

DSC01756.JPG

What i have done so far is to fit a replacement pressure bar to get the pen going. I don't actually know what the real one is supposed to look like. Pen is filled up currently by rotating the entire barrel until the sac cut-out on the inner brass barrel is exposed through the cut-out on the outer barrel. I am not sure if this is the correct filling system to begin with :(. Pen had a partly-broken and hardened sac which i replaced. 

DSC01757.JPG

DSC01758.JPG

If one could point me to an image of one it would really help to get this pen sorted.

Thanks.

Sponsored Content

#2 spacecoastpenny

spacecoastpenny

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 17:38

Don't have what you need but good luck!

spacecoastbanner_FP.png

#3 Greenie

Greenie

Collectors Item

• FPN Mabie Todd Group Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,335 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 July 2019 - 22:02

sorry for a late reply

basically nothing is missing

You have an extra incorrect piece - the J bar is incorrect.  It should just be a smooth flat bar with no bend in it at all. The bar rests on the sac to assist with compressing it.

The pen while in use should be like the first photo above with the sac shielded by the inner brass sleeve.

To fill, rotate the section vs the barrel to expose the sac. Then squeeze the sac.

Usually the flat bar is resting on the sac to help compress it more fully (more of the length).  The bar goes between the sac and the brass sleeve.

This might help

https://munsonpens.w...e-thumb-filler/

Sponsored Content

|