The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

New Platinum Rokka Or Sailor Wancher Inca Rose?

platinum fountain pen sailor fountain pen japanese fountain pen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 LisaToTravel

LisaToTravel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:39

Just a few new fountain pens from Japan. These two are interesting and I am considering which one to get.

1. Wancher Sailor Inca Rose progear.

https://jp.wancherpe...rator-inca-rose

Inca_Rose_sns_1_JAP_NEW_900x.png?v=15603

2. Platinum Rokka

https://www.platinum...tury_rokka.html

PNB-30000SR_img01.jpg

Sponsored Content

#2 mehandiratta

mehandiratta

Museum Piece

• FPN Super Moderators

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,775 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 09:40

love that platinum pattern....i wish color could have been something else

vaibhav mehandiratta                               

architect & fountain pen connoisseur 

blog | instagram | twitter

#3 yongsheng

yongsheng

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 23:14

I love Sailor's color selection, but since there're so many Sailor LEs out there with almost every color you can imagine I can't tell if that's the most appealing one to you. For Platinum Rokka, it seems that it's just a demonstrator with patterns, and I'd perfer a demonstrator with different mechanism.

So, if it's just between these two, I'd suggest getting the Sailor one.

#4 LisaToTravel

LisaToTravel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2019 - 00:31

I love Sailor's color selection, but since there're so many Sailor LEs out there with almost every color you can imagine I can't tell if that's the most appealing one to you. For Platinum Rokka, it seems that it's just a demonstrator with patterns, and I'd perfer a demonstrator with different mechanism.

So, if it's just between these two, I'd suggest getting the Sailor one.

Thank you!! Yes, Sailor pens are coming up with a lot of variations that make me torn sometimes. But anyways, this time I might still go for that pink again.

#5 LisaToTravel

LisaToTravel

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 14 June 2019 - 00:36

love that platinum pattern....i wish color could have been something else

The design is truly amazing!

#6 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,628 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:55

I'm a bit over the resin-bodied Platinum #3776 Century pens, irrespective of whether it's the 'regular' Laurel Green, something in the Nice line, or yet another Mount Fuji themed demonstrator. The Kumpoo was nice in terms of both colour and pattern, but regardless of the demand (and subsequently asking price in the resale market) I felt it was overpriced for a demonstrator.

On the other hand, I find Sailor's many 'limited edition' demonstrators with 'special' colours even more boring with the patterns and/or facets. So, between those two, I'd choose the Platinum #3776 Century Rokka, but I'm more inclined to get the new Platinum #3776 Century kanazawa-haku with the pine tree and tiger (matsu-tora) instead if I'm going to get a new pen; and if I was bent on getting a Sailor demonstrator, the full-sized Pro Gear in walnut brown would be my pick.

(Any demonstrator in excess of an effective price of US$200 is overpriced in my book, irrespective of whether it's a piston-filler since that does not add any value or enjoyment to me over a converter-filled pen. Yes, I stupidly bought an Aurora 88 Minerali for double that, just to find out if there is an expensive piston-fill demonstrator I could like, given I already like Aurora as a brand and could deal with the Ottantotto and the Optima in spite of their being piston-fillers. Nope. Until I find a demonstrator fountain pen with a hand-carved lead crystal body — and I expect it will be c/c-fill — demonstrators with steel nibs belong in the sub-$50 class, and in the sub-$200 class with gold nibs, as far as I'm concerned.)

As always:  1. Implicit in everything and every instance I write on FPN is the invitation for you to judge me as a peer in the community. I think it's only due respect to take each other's written word in online discussion seriously and apply critical judgment.  2. I do not presume to judge for you what is right, correct or valid. If I make a claim, or refute a statement in a thread, and link to references and other information in support, I beseech you to review and consider those, and judge for yourself. I may be wrong. My position or say-so carries no more weight than anyone else's here, and external parties can speak for themselves with what they have published.  3. I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable. If it is something you can test for yourself and see the results, I entreat you to do so.

#7 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2019 - 21:01

Neither of them, unfortunately.

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

#8 1nkulus

1nkulus

Thought2Papier via Ink2Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,151 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 June 2019 - 21:05

(Any demonstrator in excess of an effective price of US$200 is overpriced in my book, irrespective of whether it's a piston-filler since that does not add any value or enjoyment to me over a converter-filled pen. Yes, I stupidly bought an Aurora 88 Minerali for double that, just to find out if there is an expensive piston-fill demonstrator I could like, given I already like Aurora as a brand and could deal with the Ottantotto and the Optima in spite of their being piston-fillers. Nope. Until I find a demonstrator fountain pen with a hand-carved lead crystal body — and I expect it will be c/c-fill — demonstrators with steel nibs belong in the sub-$50 class, and in the sub-$200 class with gold nibs, as far as I'm concerned.)

+1

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: platinum fountain pen, sailor fountain pen, japanese fountain pen

Sponsored Content

|