10% Off For All Fountain Pens At Pensachi.com

KyleClapton

Hello everyone,

My name is Kyle Clapton. I am currently working at an online store named Pensachi as product photographer (and sometimes customer service)

We are located in Japan, offering mainly Japanese fountain pens and some limited models.

We are having a campaign for Father's Day: 10% OFF All Fountain Pens at Pensachi.com

If you are interested, please visit our page:

https://www.pensachi.com/

Please use code ILOVEDAD when you check out

And this coupon is only valid until June 14th.

If you need any support, please don't mind to drop me a message or contact me through my facebook
You can also contact us at info@pensachi.com or live chat with us in our homepage.

Here are some pictures of our products:

Pilot VP
kLEMkrt.jpg

Sailor Demonstrator

vlapNBf.jpg

nRKLDkZ.jpg

Platinum #3776 Century

si85QRC.jpg

Edited by KyleClapton

:D Nice to meet you :D

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KyleClapton

• A Smug Dill

• samasry

• Callinewbie

Pensachi is also running a giveaway for this Summer, a Journal Set for BuJo lovers to celebrate 4,000+ followers in Instagram

1️⃣ Special Edition Washi Tape
1️⃣ Wink of Stella Brush Pen
1️⃣ Sticker Set (10 designs x 5 pieces)
1️⃣ Platinum Plaisir Fountain Pen (You can choose the pen's color yourself)

post-145550-0-87798700-1561079686_thumb.jpg

Check this video for all gifts in the set

How to enter:
1. Follow our Instagram @pensachi
2. Like Giveaway Post
3. Tag at least 2 people in the comment and tell us HOW PEN AND INK BRING JOY TO YOUR LIFE 
---
BONUS ENTRY: you can share this post on your IG story and TAG @pensachi!
~~~~~~~~
Good luck everyone! Ends Monday (6/24) at 12 pm JST

Edited by KyleClapton

We currently have Free Ink Campaign _...‹snip›...

Thanks for the heads up, Kyle. What does 'undefined' mean here?

fpn_1561099543__what_does_undefined_mean

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Thanks for the heads up, Kyle. What does 'undefined' mean here?

Dear A Smug Dill,

Thank you for letting me know. I think there is some bug in the code as this morning the technique guy did some changes in our page.

That $200 USD is currently selling price and $235 USD is our normal price.

So if you click on the listing of Custom 743 you will see the nib Fine, Medium and Broad are at $200 USD while other nibs are $235 USD.

Edited by KyleClapton

So if you click on the listing of Custom 743 you will see the nib Fine, Medium and Broad are at $200 USD while other nibs are $235 USD.

Cheers.

Now that I finally got my hands on a Sailor kabazaiku (after four previous orders with different sellers were cancelled, for reason that they could not source stock to fulfil my order), there are only two more Japanese pens currently on the horizon for me for acquisition: a Sailor Pro Gear 11-2037-120 (which I actually bought at a very good price on Rakuten last month, but Rakuten Global Express screwed me over and it ended up getting returned to the seller and refunded — and I got charged additionally for the postage and handling for the return, too!), and a Platinum #3776 Century Matsu-Tora PNB-35000H#55, which I think isn't actually in stock anywhere yet.

I find Pilot Custom (including Custom Heritage) pen models very boring in general, with the exception of the Kaede (which I have) and the Enjyu (which is a tad too pricey to me for something not Italian- or German-made with completely in-house nibs). But I will keep an eye out for if Pensachi offers either or both of the aforementioned pens at competitive prices, with or without special discount campaigns.

I endeavour to be frank and truthful in what I write, show or otherwise present, when I relate my first-hand experiences that are not independently verifiable; and link to third-party content where I can, when I make a claim or refute a statement of fact in a thread. If there is something you can verify for yourself, I entreat you to do so, and judge for yourself what is right, correct, and valid. I may be wrong, and my position or say-so is no more authoritative and carries no more weight than anyone else's here.

Wow, such a long way to get the pen you want, but I am sure that it's worth it.
I can see some pens you mentioned we do not have in pensachi, but I can send an inquiry regarding those pens for you and I will let you know if we can get them for you soon at good price or not.

And I really want to learn more about your experience with Rakuten. I think Rakuten Global Express is a service to help foreigners to shop on Rakuten platform. Why it does not ship the pen for you? If they charged you for postage, I think you should send a claim.

Cheers.

Now that I finally got my hands on a Sailor kabazaiku (after four previous orders with different sellers were cancelled, for reason that they could not source stock to fulfil my order), there are only two more Japanese pens currently on the horizon for me for acquisition: a Sailor Pro Gear 11-2037-120 (which I actually bought at a very good price on Rakuten last month, but Rakuten Global Express screwed me over and it ended up getting returned to the seller and refunded — and I got charged additionally for the postage and handling for the return, too!), and a Platinum #3776 Century Matsu-Tora PNB-35000H#55, which I think isn't actually in stock anywhere yet.

I find Pilot Custom (including Custom Heritage) pen models very boring in general, with the exception of the Kaede (which I have) and the Enjyu (which is a tad too pricey to me for something not Italian- or German-made with completely in-house nibs). But I will keep an eye out for if Pensachi offers either or both of the aforementioned pens at competitive prices, with or without special discount campaigns.

Though they have great prices, one issue I have with Pensachi is stock. None of the mainstream nib combinations are never in stock which makes these discounts kinda redundant. Been looking for Mediums during these discount campaigns and there are never any but youll definitely find Broads and Extra fines available

None of the mainstream nib combinations are never in stock which makes these discounts kinda redundant.

Sorry, but I'm having trouble parsing that sentence. Could you please rephrase it?

Been looking for Mediums during these discount campaigns and there are never any but youll definitely find Broads and Extra fines available

Firstly, both Extra Fine and Broad nibs are mainstream; we aren't talking about (Sailor) Music and Zoom nibs, or even Medium-Fine which a lot of European, Chinese and American fountain pens just don't make at all.

Secondly, I just went and had a look at the Pilot 743 (because it's on the front page when I landed on pensachi.com), and only the Fine nibs are sold out; it is definitely available with the Medium nib as I write this post.

fpn_1561455675__pilot_743_is_available_w

Not convinced yet? How about these?

fpn_1561456638__m_nib_currently_availabl

fpn_1561456613__m_nib_currently_availabl

fpn_1561456587__m_nib_currently_availabl

fpn_1561456545__m_nib_currently_availabl

Though they have great prices, one issue I have with Pensachi is stock. None of the mainstream nib combinations are never in stock which makes these discounts kinda redundant. Been looking for Mediums during these discount campaigns and there are never any but youll definitely find Broads and Extra fines available

Dear Callinewbie,

Thank you for checking our store. First, I would like to apologize to you on behalf of all Pensachi team for not offering enough nib sizes as you need.

I would like to explain a little bit about the stock on Pensachi.com.

For all normal models ( "normal" here means models which are listed on catalog of Pilot, Platinum), we always try to update the stock to make sure all options are available for customers. However, for some limited models and Sailor's pens, I have to say that we cannot control the stock. Please allow me to explain to you why we could not get all the nib size available for these models.

As you might know, Sailor has some limited models which they only make in request of some stores. The nib variants for these models are based on the request of the stores. For example, some models are only available in EF, F, MF and M nib while other models have F, M, B, Z nibs. Therefore, for limited edition models we can only list the nib size available for each model.

For Sailor other normal models, sadly, Sailor does not have many pens in stock at current situation. I think 1 reason is because their manufacture has to deal with the plan of making limited models, so they could not fully focus on making normal models. Therefore, not all Sailor pens are in stock at the moment. And they tend to have thinner nib sizes like EF, F in stock.

If you need any assistance, please just drop me a message. I am happy to help you with my best.

Best regards,

Kyle

Thank you very much for explanation. I also wrote my opinion above. I hope we can manage to get all the pens in stock so you and others can have many options to choose.

Sorry, but I'm having trouble parsing that sentence. Could you please rephrase it?

Firstly, both Extra Fine and Broad nibs are mainstream; we aren't talking about (Sailor) Music and Zoom nibs, or even Medium-Fine which a lot of European, Chinese and American fountain pens just don't make at all.

Secondly, I just went and had a look at the Pilot 743 (because it's on the front page when I landed on pensachi.com), and only the Fine nibs are sold out; it is definitely available with the Medium nib as I write this post.

I did not see this in time for the 10% :)

However, I went to that site in early June looking for Pilot Custom Urushi and the site had the pen sold out.

I found a good deal on ebay and purchased it. Now, when I saw this post today, I checked pensachi again and they still have the pen as sold out.

Edited by salmasry

Thank you salmasry for sharing your experience with us.
I am sorry that we could not serve you as the pen was sold out. Normally, when we get pens back in stock, we will send notification to customers who joined the waiting list for that pen. And for Pilot Custom Urushi, each time we only can get few pieces. After notifying waiting customers, the pens normally sold out very quickly.
I am sorry for that. We will check and improve our system and business scale to serve you better.
I am glad to know that you got your Custom Urushi. It is very gorgeous pen, isn't it?

I did not see this in time for the 10% :)

However, I went to that site in early June looking for Pilot Custom Urushi and the site had the pen sold out.

I found a good deal on ebay and purchased it. Now, when I saw this post today, I checked pensachi again and they still have the pen as sold out.

Thank you salmasry for sharing your experience with us.

I am sorry that we could not serve you as the pen was sold out. Normally, when we get pens back in stock, we will send notification to customers who joined the waiting list for that pen. And for Pilot Custom Urushi, each time we only can get few pieces. After notifying waiting customers, the pens normally sold out very quickly.

I am sorry for that. We will check and improve our system and business scale to serve you better.

I am glad to know that you got your Custom Urushi. It is very gorgeous pen, isn't it?

Awesome, thank you for the kind reply.

My budget is usually under $120-130. Pens in the premium range (I know its a relative term) at least for me above this price don't matter. Pens below this range are the ones which usually are always SOLD OUT in the Medium nib sizes. I know for many folks, Fine and Broad may be mainstream but for me Japanese Medium is mainstream (at least for the Latin based languages). I'm happy others are getting what they want at Pensachi.

My budget is usually under $120-130. Pens in the premium range (I know its a relative term) at least for me above this price don't matter. Pens below this range are the ones which usually are always SOLD OUT in the Medium nib sizes. I know for many folks, Fine and Broad may be mainstream but for me Japanese Medium is mainstream (at least for the Latin based languages). I'm happy others are getting what they want at Pensachi.

Dear Callinewbie, I understand your point. I will forward your message to my boss so we will know where we can improve.

Once again, I would like to thank you for pointing out our lack in service.

Thank you very much

With due respect to Kyle, I don't work at or for Pensachi, and in fact haven't even bought from it before and so I have absolutely nothing to do with the company. I come at this purely as a fellow FPN forum member who doesn't need to be deferential to my peers or treat anyone as a (prospective) customer of mine.

My budget is usually under $120-130. Pens in the premium range (I know its a relative term) at least for me above this price don't matter.

I strongly believe it matters when you make unqualified blanket statements in a discussion forum that can mislead readers and fellow members, if they take what you wrote as valid and accurate information as face value, not just exaggerations in support of a personal sentiment you want to vent. Don't you think we all owe our fellows the obligation to be correct and precise in what we're telling them publicly in an open forum? If I use the words 'none', 'never', 'always', etc. in a statement or claim, without also declaring it as only applying to my own narrow cognitive landscape within explicitly stated boundaries, then I think it can be reasonably interpreted by others that my statement also holds true for them.

Whether you're doing the retailer in question a disservice is a separate thing.

Pens below this range are the ones which usually are always SOLD OUT in the Medium nib sizes.

Examples of sub-US$100 pens that are currently available with Medium nibs
BrandModelColour(s)Price
PilotCocoonblack

metallic grey

titanium

US$_30.00
PlatinumProcyoncitron yellow

deep sea

persimmon orange

porcelain white

turquoise blue

US$_39.00
PilotCapless Vanishing Point

with special alloy nib

black

dark blue

deep red

deep yellow

silver

US$_85.00
PilotCustom NSblack

blue

ivory

red

soft blue

US$_85.00
PilotElite 95sblack

deep red

US$_85.00
SailorPromenadeblackUS$_85.00
SailorProfit (aka 1911) StandardblueUS$_94.70
SailorProfessional Gear Slimblack with gold trimUS$_94.70
PilotCustom 74black

clear demonstrator

dark blue

dark green

deep red

US$_98.00

That's 28 examples right there of 'cheaper' pens being available with Medium nibs and not always sold out on Pensachi.com. (Sorry, I got tired of retrieving and the inserting the URLs manually, after I've done half of those pens listed above.) There are at least seven other examples between US$100—$130 that I could see, and that's before any discount codes are applied.

I don't actually care whether you now deem your statements too hasty and inaccurate, and I'm not pushing for you to retract or revise your statement. Everyone else who reads this thread, and who I think 'deserves' the correct information, is 'the mainstream' for whom I made the effort to compile the above, even though those pens are not of personal interest to me as a prospective buyer.

I know for many folks, Fine and Broad may be mainstream but for me Japanese Medium is mainstream (at least for the Latin based languages). I'm happy others are getting what they want at Pensachi.

You and I obviously have very different idea of what the word 'mainstream' means; it's not premised on the individual user (or speaker, or writer)of the word sharing those 'mainstream' beliefs and preferences with 'most people'.

Edit: grammar and punctuation

Edited by A Smug Dill

Good work, A Smug Dill, thank you for your efforts to correct and compile that!

Also thanks to Kyle for his excellent photography of Pensachi's stock. I have bought three pens from them, and appreciate that they make obtaining Japan-only editions easy. Their customer service is also excellent - a converter was missing from my last order and they sent a replacement really quickly. If Sailor keep introducing beautiful colours and you keep showing them off like that, my collection is going to keep growing.

I chose my user name years ago - I have no links to BBS pens (other than owning one!)

But even if another nip option was selected, the buy button was still marked as sold out.

Upon reading your post, I tried it in Safari on my iPad Air (running iOS 10.11), and I can't reproduce what you described. I'll try again later on my Mac.

Edit: I tried it on my Mac, and I still can't reproduce what you described, sorry.

fpn_1561661471__pensachi_743_add_to_cart

Edited by A Smug Dill