The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Could It Be Real?

parker fake

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 C-InPenmanship

C-InPenmanship

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Silver

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 01:31

Hello,

I recently bought a Parker Classic IM Series Red Color 0.5mm Nib Fountain Pen for $7.99. To be honest, it writes beautifully, but at $7.99 is there any chance it's the real thing? I see them going for much more pretty much everywhere. I'm the only person I know into fountain pens so I come to you, dear readers, for advice. I like the pen regardless, I'm just curious. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Content

#2 ardene

ardene

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 824 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:12

If by classic you mean the pre-2016 model with the long protruding nib the answer is yes, you can find them very cheap. I got mine for £5 last year from a local shop; i.e. $6.7 at the time of purchase. I have not heard of any clones of these. By 0.5mm I presume you mean it is a fine. Look on the feeder under the nib, F is for fine (western fine is around 0.6mm, medium around 0.75mm).

#3 ngekomo

ngekomo

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 June 2019 - 18:01

if it said: outstanding, luxurious, office, 0.5mm, "series", then most probably it fake...

the word series more like style, like in the word: parker style g2 refill which does not have to be parker

cmiiw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: parker, fake

Sponsored Content

|