The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Please Help Identify This Waterman's Fountain Pen

watermans made in england identification help 60

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TenBladeSummitar

TenBladeSummitar

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2019 - 22:51

I have owned this particular Waterman's pen for some years, but for the life of me, I've not been able to identify the model.

It has a screw-operated internal plunger for filling, the knurled part that you twist being hidden under a removable cover on the end of the pen.

The text on the pen clearly says "Waterman's" and "60", and "made in England", but I don't think it is like a Ligne 60.

The overall style is reminiscent of a Taperite.

20190607_095205 (Large).jpg

20190607_095247 (Large).jpg

20190607_095337 (Large).jpg

I'd be grateful for any help you can offer in identifying this great little pen.

Edited by TenBladeSummitar, 09 June 2019 - 22:53.

Sponsored Content

#2 7is

7is

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 09 June 2019 - 23:51

Extremely interesting! Waterman's made several piston fillers and your one seems to be closely related to the 50 from the thread below:

http://www.fountainp...rman-50-no-726/

#3 TenBladeSummitar

TenBladeSummitar

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 10 June 2019 - 10:32

Thank you Mint, that is interesting, and the closest match to the one I have. Of course the nib is totally different, and the overall style, but the idea is the same, a piston filler with window.

So, what is going on, and why or how could there be so few of these around? What year might it have been made in?

It is a lovely pen to use, and weighs only 18g or so. However, I rarely use it, relying on commoner sturdier metal beasts like my Rotring 600 or Newton Lavas, which each weigh in around 40g.

Maybe more information will turn up?

Thanks again!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: watermans, made in england, identification, help, 60

Sponsored Content

|