The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

My Handwriting Improvement

cursive handwriting

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 LindseyD

LindseyD

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 22:36

I bought my first fountain pen about a month ago and decided I wanted to improve (in other words relearn) my cursive. I have been enjoying the posts in the handwriting thread and doing a lot of practicing. Here is my improvement in just a few weeks and hopefully Ill keep updating until its perfect! Im currently using Spencerian as a stylistic jumping off point.

Attached Images

• 31813FDF-14C7-4BDE-BB28-000377FC789F.jpeg
  • 3B2F30D5-AADD-4466-BF50-0A3561A429BC.jpeg

Edited by LindseyD, 06 June 2019 - 22:37.

Sponsored Content

#2 AlohaJim

AlohaJim

Carpe Diem

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 02:47

There's also a very large learning and practice "book" for American Cursive, by Michael Sull. It comes as a thick stack of binder paper and you have to put it in a blank binder. Tons of samples and practice sheets. Available on Amazon.com.

By the time you are done with the full course, your handwriting will change.

American Cursive by Michael Sull lesson plan

https://smile.amazon...e?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by AlohaJim, 15 June 2019 - 02:50.

My Photography Web Page

http://www.uscommerc...photography.com

flying-letter-exc.png

#3 Misfit

Misfit

Goddess of Inanimate Objects

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,064 posts

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:09

Mike Sull came to my pen club, but I didn’t realize who he was. He brought stationery sets that were very nice, and I did buy one. Pity I did not know who he was. He did write our names in beautiful calligraphy.
Posted Image

#4 specialk0449

specialk0449

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 12 November 2019 - 03:00

I purchased Mike Sull’s book at the Ohio Pen Show. I am left handed.  I started using it a few days ago and am finding it to be very helpful. I highly recommend it. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cursive, handwriting

Sponsored Content

|