• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• penzel_washinkton

• JollyCynic

• taike

• fudefan

All we know beyond the photos is the model number: 352. There appears to be a different filling system or possibly even just a converter in some photos like the blue Frost Fire one, but it's difficult to tell.

It has the 380 clip. I recall Beini posting photos of acrylic 380 prototypes before, but commenting that it would be too expensive to make. Maybe this is an evolution of that design? A bit simpler, and more cost-effective.

Edited by fudefan

Japan pen show recaps and more on fudefan.com | photos on Instagram (@fudefan)

It has the 380 clip. I recall Beini posting photos of acrylic 380 prototypes before, but commenting that it would be too expensive to make. Maybe this is an evolution of that design? A bit simpler, and more cost-effective.

It's certainly possible. However, the chrome ring at the back of the pen indicates there's a good chance there's a removable end/'blind' cap, and I can't see a good reason for that in a c/c unless it's a captive converter or an optional rear-fill eyedropper or something. (Is that a thing?) A second issue with that is the 352 model number, which indicates that this pen was conceived in the previous season, and before the 380.

Somebody on the Facebook group said that they heard a rumour that it might include the rounded EF nib that was announced a couple of weeks ago, but the source of that rumour wasn't mentioned. (I just realised I didn't include the source of the 352 model number. Beini mentioned it in the same Facebook group.)

Because I like data and such, here are the colours we've seen:

• 352-1S Cedar
  • 352-37S Niangao
  • 352-38S Silence
  • 352-42S Moonlight in the Bamboo Forest
  • 352-52S Galaxy
  • 352-63S Frostfire
  • 352-70S Tiny Happiness (Koi to everybody else)
  • 352-81S Moon River

At least we know why the last couple of weeks have been so quiet.

The 355 and 456 also has the same clip styling, it is a weak basis to use for conclusion I believe.

I want to believe that this is a piston / vacuum type but that elongated barrel keeps me guessing, it might just be an eyedropper pen?

Or a wild guess would be a clicker vacuum piston filler like in the Wing Sung 601.

rear-fill eyedropper or something. (Is that a thing?)

No, it is not. It'd just drip straight out unless it had a method of shutting off the front of the barrel, but that'd just be... weird.

Would be cool to see a japanese style eyedropper though.

And some better nibs. I'm getting really tired of PenBBS's lackluster nib variety and the QC on their "new" F and M nibs has been abysmal for the 5 or so I've experienced.

Edited by Honeybadgers

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

A new, exciting filling system would be fun (maybe it's an evolution of the 348 vacuumatic prototype?), but I'd have expected a demonstrator model then. Maybe they do have one, but don't want to show us yet! 😁

Japan pen show recaps and more on fudefan.com | photos on Instagram (@fudefan)

No, you're almost certainly right and it is a c/c, looking more at the Frostfire picture. The shadows line up perfectly with a converter. There are definitely threads on the end cap, but it seems purely decorative.

It doesn't do much for me aesthetically that the 355 doesn't already do. I'll see how people like the first round and if it's significantly more comfortable than the 355.

Edited by JollyCynic

Uhm... So then what is the unique thing about this model?

Is it just an alternative to the 308 but with the modern clip design and flat top / bottom?

Not that I'm ruling out buying them though.

Edited by penzel_washinkton

No, it is not. It'd just drip straight out unless it had a method of shutting off the front of the barrel, but that'd just be... weird.

Would be cool to see a japanese style eyedropper though.

And some better nibs. I'm getting really tired of PenBBS's lackluster nib variety and the QC on their "new" F and M nibs has been abysmal for the 5 or so I've experienced.

This, on the nibs

Ok boys and girls, PenBBS is going on a rampage again with their pen releases.

Not long after the reveal of the 352, Beini claimed that a more affordable 456 is coming.

Currently it is called the PenBBS 268:

https://www.instagram.com/p/ByXdZokDvzC/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Wing Sung is on it as well, with a similar model: Bobby has announced a ~10$ vacuum filler from them.

Im biting the bullet on both, hoping that neither end up as bad as my previous day one buy... the WS 626

Edited by sciumbasci

Wing Sung is on it as well, with a similar model: Bobby has announced a ~10$ vacuum filler from them.

Im biting the bullet on both, hoping that neither end up as bad as my previous day one buy... the WS 626

Yes I actually made a thread about it (last week if I am not wrong) but seeing that very few replied I thought that the enthusiasm was quite low on that particular release.

What's wrong with your 626? I think it is one of the nicer pens they have released.

The 627 is commonly considered a bad release from Wing Sung.

The 352 will be available with an EF nib (or at least it is in China right now). Apparently a traditional rounded-tip instead of the PenBBS mini-fude.

It's cautioned that as a result of the threads at the back of the pen, it's not an eye-dropper pen. (I might chemically weld the end-cap on and ignore that advice if I pick one up.)

The WS is definitely worth a punt at $10, though I'm sure it'll be injection moulded at that price. The 268, I'm not so sure. I think if I end up getting a 352, I might as well grab a 268 with the shipping. But nothing really has anything new to offer as an experience, really, aside from the nib. And if the WS takes the Pilot-style nib, the PenBBS nib won't be as interesting. (I'm not sure which Wing Sung is making it.)

Edited by JollyCynic

Yes I actually made a thread about it (last week if I am not wrong) but seeing that very few replied I thought that the enthusiasm was quite low on that particular release.

What's wrong with your 626? I think it is one of the nicer pens they have released.

The 627 is commonly considered a bad release from Wing Sung.

Perhaps the association it costs little = its worth little kicked in, and people didnt comment on it.

Personally, I am grateful for that heads up and waiting onto someone to test ride it before buying.

My 626 was good until it decided to leak air and gush ink everywhere. Changing cartridges didnt work, the converter didnt fit at all from day one (but its okay, I refill carts)

My 626 was good until it decided to leak air and gush ink everywhere. Changing cartridges didnt work, the converter didnt fit at all from day one (but its okay, I refill carts)

Could you tell what cartridges do you use in your 626?