The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Stores In Dusseldorf/germany For Diamine Exclusive Inks(?)

diamine german exclusive germany dusseldorf skulls&roses novemberrain purplerain smokeonthewater

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 battuta

battuta

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 30 May 2019 - 23:48

Hi everyone. Can anyone recommend " physical stores " in/around Dusseldorf/Germany where we can find and buy Diamine German Exclusive inks these days in a very short visit/stop there?

Many thanks in advance.

Sponsored Content

#2 Enkida

Enkida

Full Cyborg

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2019 - 12:13

Diamine isn't widely stocked around here. Online everywhere? Sure.  In brick and mortar? I'm in NRW and the only place I've ever seen them was at Ortloff in Cologne, and the selection there was really, really limited (shimmering inks only, I think, that was about 4 years ago).  In Dusseldorf specifically I think there's a MB shop and a shop called Franzen that has some fountain pen stuff, but I'm sure the former doesn't stock Diamine (obviously) and I'm not sure if the latter does, either.  Might not hurt to stop by and check it out though if you're in the area :)

sig2.jpgsig1.jpg

Events may be horrible or inescapable. Men always have a choice - if not whether, then how they endure.

- Lois McMaster Bujold

#3 OMASsimo

OMASsimo

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 May 2019 - 23:14

From the Diamine website:

Ortloff GmbH

Zeppelinstrasse 4
Koln (Cologne)

Weyers-Kaatzer GmbH & Co. KG
Kleinmarschierstr. 8-16,
Am Dom
Aachen

Nothing in Dusseldorf, these are the two closest stores nearby and of course both cities are well worth a visit. Diamine isn't that widespread outside the UK.

#4 Bo Bo Olson

Bo Bo Olson

Pen Dust

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,051 posts

Posted 01 June 2019 - 09:11

Suggest ordering on-line and having it shipped to your hotel in Dusseldorf. Tell that hotel to hold the package for you...they will.

You will have more chance to get Pelikan Edelstein or MB or Graf vFC inks, than Diamine outside of Glitter ink.

My B&M started carrying Diamine Glitter ink with in the last two years. No other Diamine inks.

Edited by Bo Bo Olson, 01 June 2019 - 09:13.

German vintage '50-70 semi-flex stubs and those in oblique give the real thing in On Demand line variation. Modern Oblique is a waste of money for a shadow of line variation. Being too lazy to Hunt for affordable vintage oblique pens, lets you 'hunt' for line variation instead of having it.

www.nibs.com/blog/nibster-writes/nibs-germany & https://www.peter-bo...cts/nib-systems,

The cheapest lessons are from those who learned expensive lessons. Ignorance is best for learning expensive lessons.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: diamine, german exclusive, germany, dusseldorf, skulls&roses, novemberrain, purplerain, smokeonthewater

Sponsored Content

|