Moonman M600S: Moonman #6 Nib, New Colors, Cheaper

fudefan

I've received my 600S now and I also got a cap bended.

It was difficult to get the pen out of the cap, and now it is impossible to re-cap it.

Bought it on Ebay, I have contacted the seller to ask what he intend to do with that.

post-99886-0-98700700-1561041850_thumb.jpg

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• drathbun

• sansenri

• A Smug Dill

• Thymen

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

These deformed caps are so weird!

My teal M600Ss Moonman fine nib is incredible.

Uh9lP7B.jpg?1

Edited by drathbun

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

That is not right. Definitely a case for return I reckon.

Regards,

Richard

In fact, they replied today apologizing that when I contacted them in China it was nighttime (fair enough...).

I sent the photos and they said it could be due to heat...

and if it was ok to send me a replacement cap...

I disagreed telling them that I had big difficulty actually pulling the pen out of the warped cap and that the pen itself might be ruined or I may have ruined it forcing, so, no, the only acceptable solution would be a new pen.

They seemed to have agreed and promised to send a new pen... let's see.

Just in case I wrote a bad review on their site... but promised to change it if their assistance will be fast and resolutive... ;)

Hope they just send you a replacement so you can keep this one for posterity.

:lol: would be a weird trophy...

Coincidentally, I also bought an M600S (brown) from esybuy, which just arrived this morning. It was not in a Moonman box (I chose the pen only option) and it was perfectly intact as far as I can see. My original teal was from Bobby, which arrived in 10 days. I chose esybuy as I wasn't too bothered about ultra-fast shipping and their shipping was just $3. As it happened, this pen took 11 days to arrive.

However, for this second pen I chose a medium nib - which came as a two-tone Jinhao nib, plus what I presume to be the original Moonman fine nib in a cellophane pen bag. The Jinhao I have no complaints about after a quick dip test.

Assuming your pen came wrapped as mine did - in bubble wrap inside a grey plastic bag (both of which probably would have melted with heat), it seems unlikely to have suffered heat damage in transit and must have been packed already deformed.

Yes the pen came wrapped in bubbles and was in a small synthetic pouch inside, which also had a plastic sleeve in it, so you are absolutely right, it's not heat during transport certainly, I am brought to think it's a manufacturing defect and it was just packed like that (usual case of bad or non existent QC...).

if they go by the promise of sending a new pen, the main part to be rescued is probably the fude nib which looks rather nice...

I've received my 600S now and I also got a cap bended.

It was difficult to get the pen out of the cap, and now it is impossible to re-cap it.

Bought it on Ebay, I have contacted the seller to ask what he intend to do with that.

attachicon.gif P_20190620_162601_p.jpg

mhm... one is an unfortunate event...

two is a series...

insist for a refund or replacement

The duofold centennial is one of the most comfortable pens I've held so I might give this a try (from Bobby, since good customer service may come in handy)

I've been buying pens from China on eBay from many years and never gave customer service a thought, since the pens were so cheap as to be virtually throwaway and the sellers pretty anonymous.

My recent experience with split caps on the Kaco Edge and the rapid response from Kaco showed that the manufacturers at least have got the concept of customer service. Indvidual sellers maybe less so.

And now with pens from the likes of Moonman and PenBBs going into the $25/£20 plus range, having a reliable and trustworthy seller now becomes a much more important consideration.

I think I may have been lucky in the case of esybuy, but I'll be sure to be a bit more selective in choice of seller in the future.

Perhaps in this case there was a whole batch of pens from the factory that got affected, certainly if esybuy and the ebay seller are not one and the same.

I've now discovered at least some of my nib problems may have been due to the ink - it was Private Reserve Ultra Black, which from what I have read is very free flowing and may cause erratic flow and be 'temperamental'.

I say this because, after doing some grinding of the nib to a stub, the lines it produces varies greatly (not just due to the stroke direction which is to be expected) - sometimes quite average, then other times gushing out and causing the strokes of letters to clump together. This is what I was experiencing when I first inked it up out 'of the box' with the original nib.

I've just taken delivery of some Sheaffer black which I will try in the green pen first, then when the red needs refilling, replenish that with it. Of course, I have many other inks (including several blacks: Diamine, Parker, Waterman), I think I may just have been unlucky with the nib/ink combination.

The duofold centennial is one of the most comfortable pens I've held so I might give this a try (from Bobby, since good customer service may come in handy)

I agree the Duofold it's one of the most comfortable pens, but careful that this Chinese version can give you the bends... :lol:

Any recommended sellers for straight M600s'? :D

I got my straight M600S straight from ChinesePen (Bobby) on Etsy. No problems. :)

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes."

- William Thackeray

I got my straight M600S straight from ChinesePen (Bobby) on Etsy. No problems. :)

I checked both his Etsy and eBay store and couldnt find the M600S.

I checked both his Etsy and eBay store and couldnt find the M600S.

Looks like he sold out.

- William Thackeray

Looks like he sold out.

Bobby has two left.

Moonman M600S on Etsy

- William Thackeray

ok, esybuy told me they've shipped the replacement pen, let's see...

I'll let you know if everything goes straight :D :lticaptd:

I've now discovered at least some of my nib problems may have been due to the ink - it was Private Reserve Ultra Black, which from what I have read is very free flowing and may cause erratic flow and be 'temperamental'.

I say this because, after doing some grinding of the nib to a stub, the lines it produces varies greatly (not just due to the stroke direction which is to be expected) - sometimes quite average, then other times gushing out and causing the strokes of letters to clump together. This is what I was experiencing when I first inked it up out 'of the box' with the original nib.

I've just taken delivery of some Sheaffer black which I will try in the green pen first, then when the red needs refilling, replenish that with it. Of course, I have many other inks (including several blacks: Diamine, Parker, Waterman), I think I may just have been unlucky with the nib/ink combination.

I should apologise for this non-sequitur - it should have been posted to the Crocodile 377 thread, only just noticed my mistake. Also, I can't seem to edit my post. It seems this feature is only available for some short period after initial posting.

Bobby has two left.

Moonman M600S on Etsy

That link goes to the original (more expensive) M600 checkerboard. A search for M600S gives no results. I did suspect they would sell out quickly, hence I bought a second (from esybuy) as soon as I received my first from Bobby.