The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Moonman C1 - Scrivinor Review

moonman c1 moonman review new moonman

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Arrivistepen

Arrivistepen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 00:58

Moonman C1 - Scrivinor Review

Lotsa Pics, some comparisons! : 

https://www.scrivinor.com/article/moonman-c1-simplicity-finely-wrought?locale=en

I'm fairly new to FPN, and hope that the posting of this 3rd party review is done correctly and is not in violation of any written or unwritten rules or sensibilities. Please advise. 

That said, I wanna get me one of these !  

George in Pittsburg ---CA---

Sponsored Content

#2 pararis

pararis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:37

Thanks. I found a seller who provides what he calls a "medium wet" nib, so I ordered.

Edited by pararis, 27 May 2019 - 01:38.

#3 Arrivistepen

Arrivistepen

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:59

Thanks. I found a seller who provides what he calls a "medium wet" nib, so I ordered.

Pararis, is the seller Bobby/office_supplies_pen  eBay @ $23 ?

Thanks! George

#4 pararis

pararis

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 03:35

No.

#5 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 27 May 2019 - 14:57

@Arrivistepen LOL. You beat me to the punch.

Glad my appreciation for the pen comes through. :D Hope you enjoy yours!

Edited by EDC, 27 May 2019 - 15:02.

#6 Jamerelbe

Jamerelbe

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 27 May 2019 - 21:31

I'd promised myself I wasn't going to buy anything else from @ChinesePen on etsy - at least, not for a while.  This review made me break my promise...

#7 drathbun

drathbun

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 02:35

Mine arrived yesterday and is a purple one. Lovely pen. I've been writing with it for a couple of days and it is very comfortable. I wrote with the Moonman Fine nib for an hour and then swapped it for a medium nib the Bobby supplied. I like the medium better although the fine point nib wrote smooth and wet. Fine is just not my thing.

WOmkNQX.jpg?1

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes." 

- William Thackeray

#8 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 13:18

Just saw Chrisrap52 review on this pen, 5 ml of ink capacity on this pen is just insane.

Edited by penzel_washinkton, 06 June 2019 - 13:18.

#9 drathbun

drathbun

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 06 June 2019 - 19:46

Just saw Chrisrap52 review on this pen, 5 ml of ink capacity on this pen is just insane.

Here's mine:

"There are thousands of thoughts lying within a man that he does not know 'till he takes up the pen and writes." 

- William Thackeray

#10 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 07 June 2019 - 07:45

Here's mine:

Nice review. My handwriting is jealous.

#11 drathbun

drathbun

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 249 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 07 June 2019 - 16:32

Nice review. My handwriting is jealous.

Thanks, EDC! Perspective is always interesting. I've always been embarrassed by my cursive and worked to improve it constantly but still end up disappointed. Thank you for the confidence boost!

- William Thackeray

#12 sdbruder

sdbruder

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 03:37

My C1 just arrived but with a generic “Iridium point” nib, I was expecting the new moonman nib. Will send a picture later, still didn’t inked it.

Bought with bobby in Ebay.

#13 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:08

I love the C1. the box is really nice, the nib writes perfectly, the section has just the right amount of color to pop, and I didn't realize but it has that milled flat edge in the whole pen (which always lines up when capped) that keeps it from rolling.

The nib is a very juicy smooth medium.

Clean and elegant design, great writer. Moonman makes some damn good pens.

Edited by Honeybadgers, 15 June 2019 - 06:27.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#14 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 06:09

My C1 just arrived but with a generic “Iridium point” nib, I was expecting the new moonman nib. Will send a picture later, still didn’t inked it.

Bought with bobby in Ebay.

That's weird. Did yours come with a box? I'd email bobby. It should have a non two-tone (so all silver) #6 nib with the monteverde mountain thing and the conklin crescent breather

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

#15 sdbruder

sdbruder

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:24

That's weird. Did yours come with a box? I'd email bobby. It should have a non two-tone (so all silver) #6 nib with the monteverde mountain thing and the conklin crescent breather

And the fault is mine. That particular pen Bobby made the option of ‘wet medium bobby’s nib’ or something like that which I’ve selected and didn’t remembered. Sorry, my fault.

And it’s a medium and it’s wet :)

#16 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 15 June 2019 - 11:37

I got an extra nib with my C1, not tested yet but I am hoping it to be finer than the stock Fine-Medium Moonman nib.

#17 bmf3000

bmf3000

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 June 2019 - 19:48

I just bought one from Bobby Customs eBay store that has an architect grind. I'm excited to try it out

Edited by bmf3000, 22 June 2019 - 19:49.

#18 MissCellany

MissCellany

Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 31 July 2019 - 16:32

Edit: Never mind, answered my own question!

Edited by MissCellany, 31 July 2019 - 16:34.

Interested in a Western Massachusetts fountain pen meetup? Let me know! : https://forms.gle/8mzgnzcHn39C5zBr6

#19 Billingsgate

Billingsgate

Near Mint

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPip
  • 37 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 01 August 2019 - 05:22

I just ordered one from TaoBao for 106 RMB (US$15/£12). I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to try swapping for a finer nib. Will this pen take a standard (i.e. Jowo) 6 nib, or is there a source to obtain the well-reviewed Moonman nibs in finer sizes?

#20 EDC

EDC

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 01 August 2019 - 07:23

I just ordered one from TaoBao for 106 RMB (US$15/£12). I'm pretty sure I'm going to want to try swapping for a finer nib. Will this pen take a standard (i.e. Jowo) 6 nib, or is there a source to obtain the well-reviewed Moonman nibs in finer sizes?

Having not done that yet, I figured I should try. It works.

I fit a Jowo 1.1 stub into a Moonman nib unit and swapped that into the C1. Writes very nicely.

Moonman #6 nibs are one size at this point so no finer versions available yet to the best of my knowledge.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: moonman, c1, moonman review, new moonman

Sponsored Content

|