• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Left FPN

• 1nkulus

• SpecTP

• TSherbs

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I always thought that, being made in house (or so I have understood), they were of good quality!

This one has been siting inside a Carene for 12+ months. It was in my pen rack which holds 14 pens. I decided to check a couple of the Carene's, one had an ancient 1980's model which is fine the other this one.

And what do you know I have just opened another....

post-42786-0-76401900-1558871458_thumb.jpg

I had a similar incident last year.

Poor QC. angry.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I am unsure how the metal band would prevent the issue, as seen in the first photo. unsure.png

Engineer :

Someone who does precision guesswork based on unreliable data provided by those of questionable knowledge.

I am unsure how the metal band would prevent the issue, as seen in the first photo. unsure.png

The converter shown in the link is from 1980's. It has a rubber mouth piece.

post-42786-0-11854000-1558906152_thumb.jpg

The converter shown in the link is from 1980's. It has a rubber mouth piece.

attachicon.gif DSCN0157.JPG

instead of plastic, as is on the present variant?

Engineer :

Sorry if I ask a very stupid question here. Seems you all know what you're talking about. I have recently found my old Waterman fountain pen again. After many long years.... I wanted to order a converter for it but now see these horror photos. What's the wise thing to do?

well, actually the link I posted belongs to La Stilografica, which is an active B&M shop in Milano.

https://www.lastilograficamilano.it/541-accessori/543-converter-per-stilografiche-/1434-converter-waterman-

It might be they have an outdated picture in the site, but if I happen to pass by I'll ask them to show me a waterman converter to check...

In my experience the version with the metal ring tends to resist longer to the cracking issue.

I picked up what turned out to be a Waterman Exclusive awhile back in an antiques mall about an hour and a quarter north of me. I had a terrible time trying to find a converter to fit in it. The first one I tried (Waterman brand) was apparently wobbly and had a loose connection. The second one (International Standard) didn't fit at all. And this was not me saying this -- it was the woman at the Bob Slate's table last fall at the Commonwealth Pen Show saying it!

I did eventually find a converter that fit it -- six weeks later at the Ohio Pen Show....

Ruth Morrisson aka inkstainedruth

"It's very nice, but frankly, when I signed that list for a P-51, what I had in mind was a fountain pen."

well, actually the link I posted belongs to La Stilografica, which is an active B&M shop in Milano.

https://www.lastilograficamilano.it/541-accessori/543-converter-per-stilografiche-/1434-converter-waterman-

It might be they have an outdated picture in the site, but if I happen to pass by I'll ask them to show me a waterman converter to check...

In my experience the version with the metal ring tends to resist longer to the cracking issue.

It took Waterman themselves a while before they changed their own web page to show the actual version they were selling. Yes, there are still outlets showing the early versions.

Post disaster day, I have cleaned my desk pens (first time in 12 months).

They are a nice mismatch of dinged/dented/chipped lacquers along with a clip less cap which some may recall me reworking a few years back. But all the nibs are wonderful with some, if not all removed and reworked.

post-42786-0-84793300-1558943804_thumb.jpg

on the other side of the block, I don't get much time now to do all this fancy rework stuff.

post-42786-0-32952100-1558944082_thumb.jpg

I love the blue one Force. I have a guitar that's just a shade more teal than that -- a very retro colour. I'm not usually a fan of gold trims, but all four of these look great with the gold contrast.

I wish Waterman would produce more colours along these lines (like the old orange and gold one as well). I'd jump all over those.

(And as I finish writing this, the cream one is really starting to grow on me too. More colours with gold trim, please, Waterman!)

I ‘ve had the same problem with waterman converters, recently the same thing with threaded Conklin converters. You have to take care and not to use too much force screwing.