Ricky2011

my imprint tally

REG TM

Black- 2; Blue- 3; Green- 2 & Grey 1

Made in england

Black- 3; Blue- 1; Green; 3 & Grey 4

Edited by Ricky2011

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricky2011

• PaulS

• mitto

• Inkysloth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

no it wasn't Ricky - it was one of four that I was offered today on one of my charity shop calls - cost me £30 for all four.

The Osmiroid 65 I had already thrown in the bin and had to retrieve for the attached photo - the Waterman W2, the Victory and U.K. P51 show some wear - the Victory is probably the best of the group - quite a nice nib, so too is the 51 nib. The Osmiroid nib is an Italic Fine Straight, but will go back in the bin I expect - I really can't get worked up about Osmiroid.

Id be happy to buy the Osmiroid off you! Theyre good calligraphy practice nibs, I like to keep a few in hand :)

Instagram @inkysloth

Hi - you're welcome the the Osmiroid gratis - send me a pm with address etc., though it might not get posted until Monday as I'm rather busy today and tomorrow.

what victoires do you have in your collection.. @paulS.

I know from previous post that @adamon has some.

Rick

in the way of unusual examples you mean?? :) - probably nothing as interesting as yours Ricky - will try to upload a picture or two over the weekend. I've a rather nice silver and green lined/hatch bandless Mk. 1 with just REG. T.M. (plus P.V. of course).

pix of some Parker victory pens - nothing very exciting I'm afraid Ricky and, unfortunately, I seem to be addicted to duplicates - if you wanted a picture of anything close-up, let me know.

I tidied the draw for the Victory pix, then it reverted to how it looks normally - it started out life as just Victory, then included Duofolds, then some Vacs have crept in plus a Televisor - so now just a mess. Cue for another cabinet to be made come winter.

post-125342-0-72729100-1565449217_thumb.jpg

post-125342-0-26611400-1565449230_thumb.jpg

post-125342-0-03780100-1565449242_thumb.jpg

nice mkii's and good selection of mki's... @PaulS.

no mark 3's i.e like mkiis but have af filler..

Rick

what year are your other two MKII's?

I think i had a few mkiii's.. and full set of mkiv before concentrating on MKI & MKII.

Rick

assume you mean Nos. 8 and 9 from the R.H. end of the draw (black and dark green - both with two cap bands) - regret no idea, both lack a date code, unfortunately.

I tend to be attracted to many brands/models - I like variety - so collection very eclectic which means I get to know something about many pens but not a lot about any of them. :)

The mki , MKII & MKIII all did not have numbers on them like the mkiv

MkI's had three different imprints ..see the mki thread.

MKII had the REG TM... and then Made in england.

MKII- Made in england.

MKIV made in england + numeral i.e 0 or 1 for the year. 1950 or 1951.

Rick

thanks - those Mk. IIs you questioned ............... both have identical barrel imprints ……….. PARKER VICTORY over REG. T.M. over MADE IN ENGLAND - so marks agree with details you've just mentioned. So does that make them 1946 or 1947 - sorry to seem thick :D

Sorry been at work..

it would make them 46..

i have a few mki's with the same impint and the duofold book- david and Dan... says that the imprint was fist used in 1945 ..

if you compare that info with Tonys parkercollector site about dates..

MKiI- 46-47

MKIII- 47-48.

then a good assumptions can be made that there are two imprints for the MKII and one for the MKIII & MKIV (Mark 4 having date codes.).

Rick

no problem.. sadly don't know too many victory collectors..

would of been nice to talk to someone or a realitive of someone how worked there at newhaven. in the 40's.. they might have been anble to confor a lot of hyposisis about the range at the time..

Rick

I bought Troak's booklet 'Pen to Paper - The Story of Newhaven's Pen Fctory', but it's not a technical resume of pen production - more of a personal recollection. It makes for an interesting read but won't help with the sort of information you're thinking of.

I got the book too hoping for some info on the victory... sadly very limited on the parker victory.

I think i got my copy from the granson or son of the author.

Rick

@paulS your grey mkii remarbaly dos not seem to have any discouration.. I think only one mine is not disloured..

i thinks its to do with the ink sac detereraiting and sunlight damage on the barrels..

Rick

Nice job snagging that gray one. It looks in good shape. I have a Danish Terricotta, Blue and Green. I’ll try to work up some pics for you..

@Ricky and Paul.

What mk would be this pen? It has '.2.' as date code[?] and have the Reg TM and Made In England imrpint and has a AF filler.

Khan M. Ilyas