Ricky2011

Hi Guys thought id update you on my collection

My MK2's

Black- 3, Blue- 3, Green- 3, Grey- 0.= 9

Black- 1, Blue- 1, Green- 2, Grey- 2 = 6

looking for a grey 46.

MKI ill follow later in the B'H weekend.

post-79370-0-48468200-1558779479_thumb.jpg

post-79370-0-87155400-1558779489_thumb.jpg

Rick

Member of the Writing Equipment Society.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ricky2011

• PaulS

• mitto

• Inkysloth

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just aquired a grey mkii with an olsen print.

Also missed an auction on that well know auction site for another grey MKII...

not my pictures.

post-79370-0-62384700-1561382244_thumb.jpg

post-79370-0-92361400-1561382257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ricky2011

Rick

Hi Ricky - this example with the Olsen anchor imprint etc., plus MADE IN ENGLAND, is it unusual to have both imprints? Assume Newhaven was sending barrels out to Denmark - what sort of button on this one. Anyway, very nice pen, congrats.

brass button @pauls

missed out on a 46 imprint one that was local to me.

Rick

does anone elase have earliy examples of the olsen mark.. as most literature says that they did victory MKIV and V and some NS' such as the terracotta.

so around 1950.

Rick

Hi Ricky - sorry to be a little dim - assume what you're saying is that the above imprint in your reply No. 2 is just such an example of the early Olson mark?

I can see that the book says aerometrics were made in Denmark, but wasn't aware that included Mk. V Victories.

thanks paul,

yes its easier to talk mechanisms.. this is the first brass button Olsen produced pen I have seen... from the book (not currently open aka memory) it was the mkIV vic, mkv? arometric and the duo NS.

Rick

just to make your day, I see that there was a late 1920s Danish Senior Duofold - with the Olson logo on the barrel - and made in U.S.A. - so another one you'll need to find :D

thanks paul will stick to victories... know I know there is evidence of Olsen anchor on models of similar age.

just thought it was unusal when I saw it on the Swedish auction site.

Rick

does anone elase have earlier examples of olsen markings.. not necessary on victories.

@Wardock @Sherbie

Rick

• 1 month later...

finaly managed to source a 46 grey.

its a bit discolured, having a hard time to get a decent shot of the imprint.

total mkii's= 19.

Rick

following on from Ricky's Mk. II examples, the upper pen in the attached picture shows what looks to be another Mk. II in grey, unfortunately it lacks a date code, but I'd assume somewhere around 1947 - 48 - the lower pen is possibly Mk. III, and carries a date code of figure 1 and three dots, so possibly first quarter 1951.

The difference in shade of grey is quite pronounced, and the earlier pen is longer by about a quarter of an inch. Is this difference in the two greys about right for these different models of Victory - I do have another AF example and that too is the same shade of grey as the one shown here.

This is the first grey Mk. II I've seen so assume the colour less common than some.

post-125342-0-14336400-1565272505_thumb.jpg

@pauls

hi paul nice...

the top one is a mkii but the bottom is a mk iv.

MKIII is same clip but AF filler...

which imprint does the MKII have?

I am just about to update my imprint tallys.

Rick

appreciate that, many thanks Ricky.

Barrel imprint reads .............. PARKER over VICTORY - with GEO. S. PARKER on left side, and REG. T.M. on right side.

nice @paulS.. is that one of the auction site back in june..

Rick

no it wasn't Ricky - it was one of four that I was offered today on one of my charity shop calls - cost me £30 for all four.

The Osmiroid 65 I had already thrown in the bin and had to retrieve for the attached photo - the Waterman W2, the Victory and U.K. P51 show some wear - the Victory is probably the best of the group - quite a nice nib, so too is the 51 nib. The Osmiroid nib is an Italic Fine Straight, but will go back in the bin I expect - I really can't get worked up about Osmiroid.

post-125342-0-23169700-1565285257_thumb.jpg

Edited by PaulS

thanks interesting... there must be at least three 46 imprint grey mkii.

I have one, you have one and a third i saw sold in june or the well know auction site..

Rick

sure - will you up-date the imprints here? - look forward to seeing the revised information if you do. thanks.