The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Registration on the Fountain Pen Network

Dearest Visitor of the little Fountain Pen Nut house on the digital prairie,

Due to the enormous influx of spammers, it is no longer possible to handle valditions in the traditional way. For registrations we therefore kindly and respectfully request you to send an email with your request to our especially created email address. This email address is register at fountainpennetwork dot com. Please include your desired user name, and after validation we will send you a return email containing the validation key, normally wiithin a week.

Thank you very much in advance!
The FPN Admin Team

Photo

Opening Up Penbbs Feed Channel

penbbs feed

2 replies to this topic

#1 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2019 - 12:40

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone could hep me with an issue with PenBBS pens.

If you guys follow pens coming from China, then you probably have heard of the PenBBS pens. They are great looking pens with good build qualities on a rather affordable price.

I own some of their models but testing the nib & feed of the PenBBS, I always found them wanting in terms of ink flow. Then I saw one of Chrisrap52 videos in which he made a PenBBS wetter and claims to "open up the channels in the feed".

Do you guys have any idea in what he had done to the feed of the PenBBS to make it wetter? I suspect this has to do with deepening the feed channel with a razor blade of some sort. I asked him on his YT channel but no respond up til now, so if you guys know please do share the steps required to be done!

Sponsored Content

#2 jekostas

jekostas

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 465 posts

Posted 24 May 2019 - 16:38

You've got it right in one - you use a razor blade to deepen the ink channels in the feed.  If you really want to make a pen wetter, it's better to adjust the nib first.  Modifications to the feed are non-reversible.

#3 penzel_washinkton

penzel_washinkton

Collectors Item

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 929 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 24 May 2019 - 20:58

Thanks jekostas for confirming!

I truly understand the suggestion of altering the nib first and I have already tried that method on one of my 456s but it only widens the line width with limited effect on wetness. Thankfully though, PenBBS had a spare part package that I could tinker with on an affordable price.

Reply to this topic

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: penbbs, feed

Sponsored Content

|