So I went back to the store and tried both pens again, and decided on the blue 146 all resin version. The things that made me change my mind:
1. The superb wet, smooth and stubby B nib on this particular blue 146 version;
2. Nib design of the prince and the fox is more attractive to me than the sheep, of course a personal preference;
3. The section on 145 (Classique) is a bit too thin for me for longer writing sessions;
4. I didn't want to gamble on a B nib for the brown 145 Doué steel cap / resin barrel version. Chances that it will be as good as the B nib on the blue version I tried is not super high;
5. I am still uncertain what a rhodium plated steel cap would look like in the long run.
Also for the decision making, I re-read the book and decided that the significance of the fox and meaning of friendship and personal relationships is more important to me than the Doué 145 version depicting the scenes of the desert and the sheep etc. I do still think that the aesthetics of the 145 Doué is excellent, but in the end, the 146 blue resin version's nib, the writing experience and personal meaning to me won out. Here are the photos of what I did and did not buy.
1nkulus, thank you very much for your input. I much appreciate.