The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Osprey Pens - Milano Ojemoka Japanese Ebonite: Bifl For Generations To Come

giving ebonite osprey local affordable bifl classic

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#21 Honeybadgers

Honeybadgers

Donor Pen

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,865 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 02 June 2019 - 21:11

Yah, I agree, that's too much hassle.

Greasing the outer threads sounds too messy and slippery for me.

I rather just accept the fact that the threads will wear and try to not be too rough.

That would be nice if they listened. 

I'm not the biggest fan of the available models right now, but they're not bad, and since the pens can fit a German #6 nib and take so few turns to uncap, Osprey's gotten my attention, cuz those two aspects are not easy to find even with Ranga and FPR, and I've tried in the past having to rely on luck my wallet won't tolerate anymore.

I'd have to go up to Eboya to get more of what I'm looking for and at this point that seems to be the plan.  But it's nice to see "Eboya alternatives" pop up.

That posting sounds like a pain in the @$$.

It basically seems like a pen that's meant to post and be used for long writing sessions.

From looking at the photos the ebonite does look very lovely, though.

1.) you can use it unposted easily. It's plenty long enough

2.) you can just give it a single twist and it's on there securely. it won't rattle and move around. It's just not all the way down. so I'd file it under mild nitpick rather than real design fail.

Selling a boatload of restored, fairly rare, vintage Japanese gold nib pens, click here to see (more added as I finish restoring them)

Sponsored Content

#22 Doug C

Doug C

Antique

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,408 posts

Posted 04 June 2019 - 20:53

I got the Scholar and I have no complaints at all. Its non-descript, but seems to be well made and write great right out of the box.

I ordered the 'hourglass' nib on the pen and an extra nib.

i am guessing the HG nib is just cosmetic since there is no noticeable flex. 

No matter, it is well worth what I paid and I will watch their site carefully for new products. 

A well thought out company.

Edited by Doug C, 05 June 2019 - 20:26.

the Danitrio Fellowship

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: giving, ebonite, osprey, local, affordable, bifl, classic

Sponsored Content

|