The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Gershwin Donation Pen

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 adim

adim

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2019 - 19:00

Out of the (Rhapsody in) blue, I see the Montblanc Gershwin Donation pen series at La Couronne du Comte:

montblanc_gershwin_fountainpen_116230.jp

There's a whole series, with rollerball and ballpoint pen: https://www.lacouron...tblanc gershwin

It reminds me a lot of the Brahms, but it has its special touches.

The box can be seen here, although I don't know what special items comes with it:

MBKL119879-A3-1-600x600.jpg

Edited by adim, 16 May 2019 - 19:04.

Sponsored Content

#2 horationelson

horationelson

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 203 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2019 - 22:51

Interesting.

I am slightly baffled as to why the rollerball appears to have an ink window... presumably someone being lazy on the CGI?

montblanc_gershwin_rollerball_116252.jpg

#3 zaddick

zaddick

BROADside Ambassador

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,513 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2019 - 23:51

Maybe so you can enjoy looking at MB's premium refills. :)

If you want less blah, blah, blah and more pictures, follow me on Instagram!

#4 Lloyd

Lloyd

Can a nib be smoothed by psychokinesis?

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,163 posts
  • Location:Trapped inside of a snowglobe that is resting upon a mantel in a home in Massachusetts

Posted 17 May 2019 - 01:40

Neither Gershwin were clarinetists.  Sure, Rhapsody in Blue starts with the clarinet line but the Gershwins did a heck of a lot more than just one piece.

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination."
Oscar Wilde

#5 AndyLogan

AndyLogan

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 17 May 2019 - 14:31

Out of the (Rhapsody in) blue, I see the Montblanc Gershwin Donation pen series at La Couronne du Comte:

There's a whole series, with rollerball and ballpoint pen: https://www.lacouron...tblanc gershwin

It reminds me a lot of the Brahms, but it has its special touches.

The box can be seen here, although I don't know what special items comes with it:

Ohhh Adim, this one looks nice, Platinum trims, and it seems it has an ink window, just what you wanted. I'd prefer to see this in the flesh or better pictures of this one before deciding. Is Montblanc reviving the donation pens? I thought they stopped producing these?

"Storyteller, unfold thy words untold!"

#6 adim

adim

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:20

Ohhh Adim, this one looks nice, Platinum trims, and it seems it has an ink window, just what you wanted. I'd prefer to see this in the flesh or better pictures of this one before deciding. Is Montblanc reviving the donation pens? I thought they stopped producing these?

I didn't notice that they stopped (paused?) making Donation Pens, I wasn't aware when was the last one made. :)

Yes, it looks nice and does have an ink window, but I'll definitely pass on it, since I don't like it that much and I also have to admit my ignorance in terms of Gershwin's works. So the pen doesn't quite 'speak' to me.

#7 adim

adim

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 18 May 2019 - 02:22

Interesting.
I am slightly baffled as to why the rollerball appears to have an ink window... presumably someone being lazy on the CGI?

montblanc_gershwin_rollerball_116252.jpg

Haha, that's a great observation. Yeah, most likely someone just mindlessly copied-pasted.

What baffles me, though, is that I can't find the pen on Montblanc's website. I have even tried some regional variants and nothing is found.

#8 adim

adim

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2019 - 18:03

Is anyone else intrigued by the fact that there's no official Montblanc page on this series of writing instruments? Or have any of you found one? I tried the Montblanc UK, Germany and Japan websites with 0 results.

Edited by adim, 20 May 2019 - 18:03.

#9 Cyrille

Cyrille

Vintage

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 20 May 2019 - 18:16

Sometime pens are announced and sold by reseller before they are officially launched and announced on the MB website. So I suppose it should be done in the coming days. I quickly leafed the 2019 MB catalog this afternoon but just checked what I could be interested but I think I saw the pen in the catalog.

#10 adim

adim

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 03:54

Sometime pens are announced and sold by reseller before they are officially launched and announced on the MB website. So I suppose it should be done in the coming days. I quickly leafed the 2019 MB catalog this afternoon but just checked what I could be interested but I think I saw the pen in the catalog.

Thank you, I didn't know that. I just noticed that on the previous releases (Hadrian and Le Petit Prince), the MB website was ahead of LCdC and Appelboom, at least.

Sponsored Content

|