The Fountain Pen Network uses (functional) cookies. Read the FPN Privacy Policy for more info.  To remove this message, please click here to accept the use of cookies

Photo

Leonardo Momento Zero (Endlesspens Exclusive) "the Devils Kiss"

leonardo momento zero devils kiss resin endless exclusive limited le

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• FPN Supporter - Rhodium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 16 May 2019 - 01:47

Endless Pens started putting Leonardo Officina Italiana pens in its (pre-order only) catalogue earlier this year, including a store-exclusive Bacio Del Diavolo ("The Devil's Kiss") limited edition of the Momento Zero model.

There seemed to have been a lot of flux in its pricing of the Leonardo models since; first the prices dropped briefly for less than a week, then went back up at the same time as free international shipping subject to a minimum spend threshold of US$149 was introduced, and then up and up again over the past couple of months (when I glanced at them occasionally; I haven't been watching and charting all the movements). During that time, the Bacio Del Diabolo was always priced at least the same as, and sometimes higher than, more commonly available models of the Momento Zero such as the Blue Hawaii.

Right now Endless Pens has issued a special promotion code of 25% off that applies to pre-orders of The Devil's Kiss edition only. That brings the price of the steel-nibbed version to US$149.25, and that of the gold-nibbed version to US$267. (The text of the product listing seems to suggest that the 25%-off code will not work for the gold-nibbed version, but I tried it and it does work, at the time of writing.) For the first time, Endless Pens is offering its store-exclusive, 100-pieces-only limited edition for less than its contemporary pricing for the Momento Zero Blue Positino; I'm not going to speculate why here.

However, I also note that the minimum spend threshold for free shipping has now been raised to US$250, so an order of the discounted steel-nibbed version alone will not qualify.

I think it's an attractive-looking pen, and some fellow FPNers have had reported good experiences with Leonardo nibs. But then, some others have had problems with the nibs as delivered (and mostly sorted out with good customer service by European retailers from whom the pens were ordered). My own experience with the EF nib on a Leonardo Momento Zero was not great, so now I'm hesitant to buy another, especially when I either have to pay for shipping or top up the order with yet another US$100 worth of products I don't need.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

Don't think 'cos I understand, I care
Don't think 'cos I'm talking, we're friends

'6 Underground' by Sneaker Pimps

Sponsored Content

#2 mke

mke

Read my lips: No more (pens/inks/paper)

• Member - Gold

• 2,107 posts

Posted 16 May 2019 - 03:25

I have a Devil on preorder - in EF.
In February it was about $151 - including free shipping.

Delivery starts end of this month, I heard. Let's see!

Edited by mke, 16 May 2019 - 03:28.

#3 FountainPenNewb

FountainPenNewb

Dipped Only

• Member - Silver

• Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:11

The free shipping threshold has been adjusted down to $145, bringing the steel version of this LE to 149.25 shipped with code DEVILSKISS.

Edited by FountainPenNewb, 21 May 2019 - 11:12.

#4 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 11:50

The free shipping threshold has been adjusted down to $145, bringing the steel version of this LE to 149.25 shipped with code DEVILSKISS.

Not from what I've seen; I've tried it just now, after seeing your post.

Remember, we're talking about free international shipping, or just free shipping for any customer anywhere, not just being US-centric.

Nope, no deal. (You Style on) Rakuten can take my money instead; I just spent over A$400 with them in the past 72 hours, not because it offered free shipping, but because Rakuten (at least this time around) treats every customer in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Germany, Canada, US and Mexico the same in terms of the 'special' offers it makes.

Edited by A Smug Dill, 21 May 2019 - 11:54.

Let's give each other due respect, and approach discussion rigorously. I believe we're all peers and equals here as fellow hobbyists, with common interests in the acquisition and use of fountain pens, but no shared values and no obligation to offer each other moral support for one's narrative.

#5 clear1

clear1

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 12:39

Nope, no deal. (You Style on) Rakuten can take my money instead; I just spent over A$400 with them in the past 72 hours, not because it offered free shipping, but because Rakuten (at least this time around) treats every customer in Australia, New Zealand, UK, Germany, Canada, US and Mexico the same in terms of the 'special' offers it makes.

As a person not living in US, I share your feeling. But isn't it natural to set up different free-shipping policy between domestic and international shipping? Rakuten goods are coming from Japan. Japanese people get them cheaper.

#6 mke

mke

• Member - Gold

• 2,107 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 13:42

> Japanese people get them cheaper.

Not always.

In another thread, we were talking about Tomoeriver paper. Exactly the same price for everyone - just the shipping cost is different.

Comparing "Global Rakuten" and "Rakuten".

> different free-shipping policy between domestic and international shipping

You could reduce the same amount of money from domestic and from international shipping fees.

It has happened to me too that I do not buy when I see free US shipping and no reduction in international shipping fees. Depends on my mood.

Edited by mke, 21 May 2019 - 13:48.

#7 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 14:37

As a person not living in US, I share your feeling. But isn't it natural to set up different free-shipping policy between domestic and international shipping? Rakuten goods are coming from Japan. Japanese people get them cheaper.

It is 'natural', but my point was that the free international shipping threshold was not adjusted as FountainPenNewb claimed earlier. If it was as he/she claimed, then I may well have placed the order already upon seeing his/her post and verifying what it asserted.

#8 annafdd

annafdd

NOS (New Old Stock)

• Member - Gold

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 21 May 2019 - 22:30

Bacio del Diavolo and Positano. Please don’t murder my language. Endless pens has it as “Bacio del diavolA” on their freaking website, and it’s their own exclusive!!!

#9 mke

mke

• Member - Gold

• 2,107 posts

Posted 21 May 2019 - 23:40

Perhaps they are talking about a female devil and forgot to change the preposition?

Should read perhaps "Il bacio della diavola"?

😉

Edited by mke, 21 May 2019 - 23:50.

#10 A Smug Dill

A Smug Dill

飽食終日無所用心

• 2,736 posts
  • Flag:

Posted 22 May 2019 - 00:48

I've asked moderators to kindly edit my post, since it's past the window in which I could do it myself. Happy?

#11 clear1

clear1

Extremely Rare

• Member - Gold

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 220 posts

Posted 22 May 2019 - 12:16

> Japanese people get them cheaper.

Not always.

In another thread, we were talking about Tomoeriver paper. Exactly the same price for everyone - just the shipping cost is different.

Comparing "Global Rakuten" and "Rakuten".

Ah, well, of course. I was meaning 'including shipping cost, Japanese people get them cheaper." :)

Actually, the price itself should be different to foreign customers because of the VAT, but Rakuten sellers charge the same money. They claim it's the handling fee.

> different free-shipping policy between domestic and international shipping

You could reduce the same amount of money from domestic and from international shipping fees.

It has happened to me too that I do not buy when I see free US shipping and no reduction in international shipping fees. Depends on my mood.

=> That is a great idea. Maybe I'll ask to the shops on the next order.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: leonardo, momento, zero, devils, kiss, resin, endless, exclusive, limited, le

Sponsored Content

|